🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Reaching Out for Help on Refunds
Page options
hamerrpl
Community Member

Reaching Out for Help on Refunds

Hi all,

Why is it so hard to request a refund! I went to the contract and hovered over messages ass suggested nothing happened, the clicked on messages till no dropdown. 

Followed instructions directing me to end the contract which I promptly carried out hoping that I will then see the "Request Refund" no such luck. Followed further direction to arrive at the Disputes page list, yay however no option to add a NEW DISPUTE  I am so lost and frustrated with this platform, there seems to be deliberate avoidance from those that create and manage this platform to aggravate the paying customer in the hope they give up.

Please help me thanks in advance.

Pat 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Pat H wrote:

Hi all,

Why is it so hard to request a refund! I went to the contract and hovered over messages ass suggested nothing happened, the clicked on messages till no dropdown. 

Pat, was it a fixed rate or an hourly contract? Are you looking to ask for a dispute or requesting a refund?

If fixed rate, what is the date of the last invoice you have? (You have to dispute within 30 days of that date)

If hourly, when were the hours logged

The above is for an actual dispute.

To ask for a refund (different process) you don't hover over messages. You go to the actual contract and then click on the three dots on the right near the top of the page.

refund.png

hamerrpl
Community Member

Petra, much appreciated unfortunately I ended the contract, therefore, I guess there's no hope huh?   

kind regards

Pat

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pat,

Please note that freelancers must submit their hours for the prior week to you by Sunday at midnight UTC. You then have from Monday at noon UTC until Friday at midnight UTC to review those hours and file a dispute, if needed. Feel free to check out this help article for more information about this.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your prompt assistance it is appreciated 🙂 I will follow your guide that you sent me. It used to be a lot easier on the old platform where we had access to all functions before it became a paid feature!

kind regards

Pat

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths