🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Reading job proposals
Page options
jboozefl
Community Member

Reading job proposals

Hello Freelancers,

I am still getting startred, trying to get my first Upwork job. I have seen many job offers that say something to the effect of "this job was posted from my mobile device please excuse any errors." Are these valid job offers? When it shows the number of propsals in the bottom right of the job offer (example - Proposals: 5 to 10). Is that this number of freelancers who have submitted propsals and have not been chosen? Is there a way you can chat through Upwork with a client?

I appreciate your assistance,

John B

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
holymell
Community Member

Yes. The mobile offers can be legit. Any posting could be a scam, but just because you see that note doesn't mean anything. It's automatically added to posts made from phones.

Yes. The number of proposals is somewhat accurate when it comes to how many people have applied.

And there is a messaging system through which you can speak/interview with clients who have contacted you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
holymell
Community Member

Yes. The mobile offers can be legit. Any posting could be a scam, but just because you see that note doesn't mean anything. It's automatically added to posts made from phones.

Yes. The number of proposals is somewhat accurate when it comes to how many people have applied.

And there is a messaging system through which you can speak/interview with clients who have contacted you.
yitwail
Community Member

@Melissa C wrote:

Not only that, it might be a good strategy to concentrate on those jobs, because you won't have competition from freelancers with the misconception that those jobs are scams. Cat Wink

Thank you for the information.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths