🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rearrange work/portfolio across profiles
Page options
69072ceb
Community Member

Rearrange work/portfolio across profiles

Hi All,

I have got two questions:

1) Can I reassign one of my jobs (from work hstory) to a different profile (e.g. move it from the "all work" profile to a specialized one?)

2) I know in theory I can assign a portfolio project to a specialized profile but something is not quite working.

2a) Some of my projects appear in more than one specialized profile

2b) When i try to delete a project from one of the specialized profiles, it says the project will be deleted from all profiles.

Could you please advise on that?

Thanks,

Antonio

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can easily change the work history settings. By clicking the editing option of the work history in each specialized profile. Click on the specific profile you want to reassign/change the work history. When you click on the edit option you will have two options (Job in progress & Job Completed). You can easily manage through that. It's quite easy. 😄

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
avirockx007
Community Member

Yup, you can change the work history to a different specialized profile. It is up to you, how you arrange your work sequence. You can reassign any of your previous work & present the job to any NEW specialized profile. 

You wrote: When I try to delete a project from one of the specialized profiles, it says the project will be deleted from all profiles.

I think it will still appear in the general section but you could recreate the specialized profile & rearrange the previous work. It won't be deleted from your profile history. You owned it by working on them. 🙂

Could you please suggest how I can rearrange the work history?

Thanks,

Antonio

You can easily change the work history settings. By clicking the editing option of the work history in each specialized profile. Click on the specific profile you want to reassign/change the work history. When you click on the edit option you will have two options (Job in progress & Job Completed). You can easily manage through that. It's quite easy. 😄

Thanks! I figured out how to sort my work history across specialized profiles!

Though, re: the portfolio, i deleted one item from one of the profiles and it disappeared from all of them which is quite silly! I think this should be reported to the platform managers (not sure how to do that?)

Great Antonio. I am happy that you sorted out the problem yourself! 😄

Hi Antonio,

I shared your report with our team. We will look into this further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
69072ceb
Community Member

Cheers!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonio,

I wanted to check this further. Are you referring to deleting a portfolio item in one of your Specialized profiles, where the item was also removed from your "All work" profile?

I want to check if you deleted the portfolio item by going to your Specialized profile > going to your Portfolio > and deleting it from there by clicking on the "garbage bin" icon?

Let us know so that we can try and replicate this experience to investigate it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
69072ceb
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I did exactly what you said: "deleted the portfolio item by going to your Specialized profile > going to your Portfolio > and deleting it from there by clicking on the "garbage bin" icon".

A message popped up saying it would have been deleted from all your profiles. I did it anyway hoping it would have been kept in the "all work" profile but it was not.

Let me know if you need any further details on that.

Thanks for following up,

Antonio

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonio, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to confirm the information I have with the Product Team. Please know that this is working as designed. When deleting portfolio items in any Specialized Profile, the same item will be deleted in your All Work profile. 

I can see that you suggested that this design be reviewed, and I would like to confirm that Nichola has shared this with the team. 

Thank you for sharing your experience here!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths