🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Recreating my profile from scratch by upl...
Page options
7c247b2f
Community Member

Recreating my profile from scratch by uploading resume again?

Dear Community, 

I created an account in Upwork a three days ago, and started going through the process of creating my profile. As part of that process, I uploaded a resume, and the website automatically generated my work experience based on that file. It was very nice as it saved me a lot of typing, and I opened up several of my previous roles to edit the information therein. 

I was not able to finish the process of creating my profile, so I logged off, assuming that I would be able to resume where I left off. Certainly all modern websites work this way. 

Today I logged on again and was unpleasantly surprised to see that none of my work experience had been saved. I have been looking for a way to re-execute that process of uploading my resume once again, so that the previous work experience could be automatically generated. Unfortunately I have had no success. 

I finished creating my profile by quickly putting in mostly useless placeholder information. I've continued to try to figure out how to erase and start the profile creation process from scratch so that I would be given the opportunity to upload my resume again - again no avail. 

I've searched the forums to see if this was possible, but I've not been able to find an answer. 

Can anyone please let me know if I've completely lost the chance to leverage my resume file in order to pre-populate my work experience?

Please advise. 

Thank you so much,

JPG. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose Pablo,

Unfortunately, there is no option to restore the uploaded resume or go back to that step and upload it again. We appreciate your feedback regarding this feature. I'll be sure to share this with our team.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose Pablo,

Unfortunately, there is no option to restore the uploaded resume or go back to that step and upload it again. We appreciate your feedback regarding this feature. I'll be sure to share this with our team.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7c247b2f
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I had suspected as much.

Follow-up question. I created my account by signing on via my Google account. If I close my account, will I be able to recreate it using my Google sign-on, or will I need to use a different email account?

That would be most likely my next step. 

Best,

JPG.

Hi Jose Pablo,

~ Joanne
Upwork
7c247b2f
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thank you for your reply. That is very nice to know! And thanks for the reminder of the TOS.

When you reopen my account, will the system prompt me to upload my resume in order to automatically generate work experience and education history records?

Thanks,

JPG.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jose Pablo, 

The steps to upload your resume have already been "completed," and as Bojan has already shared earlier, you will not be able to recreate the steps even if we reinstate your account (if you decide to close it).

~ Avery
Upwork
7c247b2f
Community Member

Thanks for that final clarification Avery. 

928637ef
Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I do not have to go through the tedious process of adding all of my work and education history manually. Please Upwork, allow the option after profile creation. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths