cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

Brenda B Member Since: Apr 21, 2017
11 of 23

This was in my post and this is my definition of a freelancer. Yes, we are all freelancers, independent contractors, whatever name you want to call it. We all are self-employed under these terms.

A freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. 

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
12 of 23

@Brenda B wrote:

This was in my post and this is my definition of a freelancer. Yes, we are all freelancers, independent contractors, whatever name you want to call it. We all are self-employed under these terms.

A freelancer or freelance worker is a term commonly used for a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. 

Yes. I see.

I was attending to the contradiction that you don't consider yourself as such.

And yet, speaking of evidence, here you are. 

Not all evidence is purely verbal.

Actions are also a substantiation as a comparative between what someone is saying and what is actually occurring. 

Just as an FYI -- should this conversation continue, a moderator will probably halt the thread.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 23

@Kat C wrote:

@Brenda B wrote:

Yes. I see.

Actions are also a substantiation as a comparative between what someone is saying and what is actually occurring. 

Just as an FYI -- should this conversation continue, a moderator will probably halt the thread.

I hope not ... it's just getting interesting. I want to find out if I can call myself something other than a self-employed freelancer - that would help come tax time next year. Smiley Tongue

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
14 of 23

@Virginia F wrote:

@Kat C wrote:

@Brenda B wrote:

Yes. I see.

I hope not ... it's just getting interesting. I want to find out if I can call myself something other than a self-employed freelancer - that would help come tax time next year. Smiley Tongue

I'm officially declaring my cognitive love for you Virginia...

LOL!!

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
15 of 23

@Kat C wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

@Kat C wrote:

@Brenda B wrote:

Yes. I see.

I'm officially declaring my cognitive love for you Virginia...

LOL!!

Aw, back at you, Kat!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 23

Getting back to the title of this thread - I don't want to lose friends.

B P Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
17 of 23

The first question asked by the active member is nothing but just a question of request that if there is a refer friend and earn program in upwork. Please just answer in a polite form and everything will be settled.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
18 of 23

Hi BP,

I can confirm that we don't have a referral program in place.

Amanda D Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
19 of 23

yes she did

Melinda M Member Since: Apr 21, 2017
20 of 23

Tiffany,

First and foremost, I am NOT a freelancer. I actually HIRE people here on Upwork. I've had several people come to me to start using their service when hiring freelancers. I stayed true to Upwork. That is, until I just read your comment here.

You don't need to be a "multi level marketing" to offer an affiliate program. Companies like Walmart, Amazon and many, many others offer affiliate programs. I am a CEO of an internet based business. Part of our company income comes from being an affiliate to many products and services in our industry. Because of this, I am able to hire people on Upwork. Which in return, helps them feed their families. 

Thanks to this post that I just happen to come across, I had to tell TWO freelancers that I will not be hiring them now because I will not be using this site moving forward.

I currently have 2 active freelancers that I am going to have to let go now as well. Congrats UpWork, good job on what you just did to 4 of your freelancers.

Hopefully, Upwork will be smart and have you, Tiffany, moved to another job or fire you all together. If someone on my team spoke to a customer the way you did, I would have fired them. 

Melinda Martin

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS