Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
21 of 24

Hi Melinda,

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. I'd just like to clarify that this is a public Community where Upwork freelancers can comment and share their questions, opinions and suggestions as long as they are within our Community Guidelines. Official Upwork representatives (like myself and Vladimir on this thread) will have a title and an Upwork badge showing next to their posts.

~Nina
Highlighted
Liam F Member Since: Aug 11, 2020
22 of 24

I think perhaps this should be a little bit more prominent?

I was just going to ask the same question because I help lead 180 programmers and artists so if I was going to share my network with Upwork I would want something back.

The logic of "we don't do referral because we are getting rid of low quality workers" does not make any sense whatsoever.

I understand very clearly this is member to member forum, perhaps the problem is there shouldn't be a forum for such competition if the freelancers are just going to destroy each other and make fools of themselves? This does reflect badly on Upwork. No way around it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 24

@Melinda M wrote:

Thanks to this post that I just happen to come across, I had to tell TWO freelancers that I will not be hiring them now because I will not be using this site moving forward.

I currently have 2 active freelancers that I am going to have to let go now as well. Congrats UpWork, good job on what you just did to 4 of your freelancers.

This is a member discussion forum.

If you decide to fire people because a year ago a random platform user said something to another platform user in a member discussion that doesn't affect you and is long ended anyway, just because you don't like it, then that's on you.

It's certainly nothing short of bizzare, but there you go. Your decision.

Highlighted
Aayush V Member Since: Nov 10, 2019
24 of 24

It's really PATHETIC to just witness the way you guys talk about affiliate marketing.

It's like you are thinking of it as some scam, a way to deceive someone or something that is "Below Your Belt".

It's simple. If I like a product and I recommend it to my friend, my friend won't mind if I make a few bucks out of it. 

It's on us if we wish to promote Upwork or not. There are platforms like Freelancer which do have a refer a friend program. According to you, they don't have the quality it takes to make it without affiliates.

Our referrals don't have a problem with us making money. So you can keep your opinion on what we are suited in your pockets.

You don't get to tell us what we are suitable for. She asked a question, give a direct answer.