cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refining job search by experience?

Ash H Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
1 of 5

Hello, I am new here, I am a photo retoucher and digital artist and I have alot of expierience in this field, but it seems like most jobs im finding seem to want x amount of expierience, x amount of hours worked, x amount of money earned etc. etc. on this website, I was wondering if there was anyway to search for jobs that are ok working with me having none of that, I can see there is a way for me to search by client expierience so it would make sense to do the reverse. I'd be greatful of any advice on this subject.

Cheers

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Ash,

If you have a lot of experience in the field and believe that you have skills needed to complete the job, you can apply for it even if you don't meet all the preferences. Just make sure to write a great proposal that addresses the job description specifically.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 5

Ok great, I just assumed as it said "you do not meet this qualification" that I shouldn't apply, I will get applying then, thank you

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 5

Ash, you might want to change up your profile some.  The client initially sees the first 2 or 3 lines.  Don't waste the valuable space introducing yourself.  You want to emphasize your skills and experiences.

Instead of telling the client what you love to do, tell them what you do well.  Add some portfolio items, even if you have to make them.

5 of 5

Thank you Mary, thats really helpful actually, always good to get another persons perspective, I've changed my overview, I did have a look at yours for pointers, I hope you dont mind, and I will add some of my work done offsite to my portfolio

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS