🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Refund a client
Page options
bartlettediting
Community Member

Refund a client

Hi. I need some help navigating a problem.

I had a client who sent me a manuscript to edit. We agreed upon a price and he sent it in before I could bill it or even finish the work. After reviewing his work, we mutually agreed that it wasn't ready for editing, so we cancelled the contract and I issued a refund of the whole amount. The money never hit my account and was never refunded back to him, so I assume it is sitting in escrow somewhere. How do I get this refund processed? 

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Denise B wrote:

The money never hit my account and was never refunded back to him, so I assume it is sitting in escrow somewhere. How do I get this refund processed? 

It's automatically processed back to the client's payment method, where it will appear within 5 days. 

Expect a hit on your metrics as a "nothing paid" contract counts as an unsuccessful contract. NEVER accept a contract before seeing the material.. This should have been caught before you accepted the contract.

It has been more than five days.

Is there a way to talk to an actual human at customer support?

Not five days. Five business days. Be patient. This is an automated process.

Thank you, but I assumed it was business days. It has been more than five business days. 

Hi Denise,

We'll be happy to reach out to your client to further assist them with their issue.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths