🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Refund my card and honor promotion
Page options
6ff3f88d
Community Member

Refund my card and honor promotion

Hello,
I have already tried to submit a request through the help site, but the help system did not give me an option to address my concern. Frustrating.

I was informed by Upwork that:"Your $100 credit will be applied when you hire a freelancer on Upwork." This did not happen and my credit card was charged instead.

Please refund $100 to my credit card and credit my Upwork account with $100 so that I can get a job started.

Thank you,
—Gavin J.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samrat3
Community Member

Hi Gavin,

Based on the thread below (see Avery O's post):

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Where-is-my-100-quot-comeback-quot-credit/td-p/366254/page/2

You would first need to hire a freelancer and then you will receive the credit right after7 days.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
samrat3
Community Member

Hi Gavin,

Based on the thread below (see Avery O's post):

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Where-is-my-100-quot-comeback-quot-credit/td-p/366254/page/2

You would first need to hire a freelancer and then you will receive the credit right after7 days.

6ff3f88d
Community Member

I already hired a freelancer, but my credit card was still charged $100. When will I receive my refund? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Gavin,

Samrat is correct, if you hired a freelancer using the account associated with the email address you received the promo to, the credit will be applied to your Upwork account within 7 days.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Who can confirm that I will receive my $100 credit? How do I contact a company representative about getting my credit card refunded?

Gavin,

If all eligibility requirements for the promotion were met and you received the confirmation, the credit will be applied to your account within 7 days after you hire a freelancer. I'll also follow up with the team for additional information about your concern.

~ Valeria
Upwork
6ff3f88d
Community Member

Who marked this as solved? It isn't solved until I am properly refunded and the credit is in my account. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Gavin J wrote:

Who marked this as solved? It isn't solved until I am properly refunded and the credit is in my account. 

Read what Valeria told you very carefully:

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Gavin,

Samrat is correct, if you hired a freelancer using the account associated with the email address you received the promo to, the credit will be applied to your Upwork account within 7 days.

6ff3f88d
Community Member

Who are you? Are you an employee of Upwork? Can you confirm that I will get my refund? Can you confirm that the Upwork system has my promotions flagged correctly? I did use the correct email address, but clearly I don't trust this service yet since my first interaction with the company has not been user-friendly at all.

Where is a phone number that I can talk to a representative of the company (that handles billing issues) that can address my concerns? 

Has it been seven days?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths