🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Refunds
Page options
d7616ae5
Community Member

Refunds

Hi, 

This would be my first time using Upwork. I'm looking for developpers to finish my online platform. I'm a bit scared to invest without absolutely knowing the quality I'll get back. So many options...

Is there any valuable refunds or reimbursement policies if I'm totally not happy with how the job is being done ? 

If the freelancer takes way too much time, or asks for too much money, or simply doesn't do what we agreed on, is there any policies to protect a client like me ?

Thank you !

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Arnaud:

There ARE refund policies. Thinking about them will undermine your project.

Peter wanted to do a big project on Upwork. He paid a freelancer $3500 over the span of many weeks. In the end, Peter could not use any of the freelancer's work. Peter asked for a refund. He received $200 back.

Helen wanted to do a big project. Helen had read about how refund mentality harms projects. She knew she would never ask for a refund. She hired a freelancer to do the project. She checked out his work immediately after he began logging time. She saw that it was terrible. She closed the contract after spending $75 with that freelancer. She hired other freelancers who did a great job on the project.

Makes sense. 

I understand. 

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths