🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Regarding Aadhar card with my Upwork ID
Page options
vinu243
Community Member

Regarding Aadhar card with my Upwork ID

Hello,

Hope you are good!

I want to link my aadhar card with my upwork id. Can you please direct me how can I link the aadhar card and also the video verification to make my upwork id strong.

Thanks and Regards

Vinay

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems you are not yet requested to verify your ID. Once you receive the notification about it, you'll also receive all the information on how to upload your ID and verify.

Additionally, please check these resources on how to improve your profile and get started on Upwork: 

Get started on Upwork

Tips to avoid questionable jobs

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar,

I have an upwork account but someone is already using that account and he change all my data from that account is there any way to get back that account i have only my adhar no that is atteched with that account. please let me know  the procedure.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks and Regards 

Nitesh 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nitesh,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you're referring to. I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am new to upwork and i would to know one that aadhar card/Pan card is required for payment withdraw?

Regards

Suyash Tomar

cc70874e
Community Member

Hi , I have recently joined upwork was uploading of Aadhar Card or pan card necessary (as it has been around 1 year now since you joined upwork ) , please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanjana, 

The India government requires Upwork to deduct income tax from the gross amount, which includes freelancer service fees. That being said, since payments for Upwork's services are not subject to Indian withholding tax (because Upwork's services are performed outside of India), you can deduct these expenses when filing your taxes. When filing a tax return with India, freelancers should report the gross payment from their client as income, and then claim the services fees paid to Upwork as a deduction. 

If you do not currently have a PAN or Aadhaar number you may wish to consult with a trusted tax expert or advisor. Upwork cannot provide specific tax advice.

~ Joanne
Upwork
28d559e4
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I am looking for help to add my Aadhar number to my profile. I do see a dialogue asking me to add "PAN or Aadhar card number".  However, I could only find an option to add my PAN card details. I am ambiguous about whether Upwork lets us use both interchangeably, or whether PAN details are mandatory. 

Please guide me or direct me to the relevant support thread. 

Regards!

- Dishani

Hi Dishani,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths