🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Regarding First job
Page options
atulshandilya78
Community Member

Regarding First job

i submitted atleast 50+ proposasls purchased conects but still i didnt get job from client .Wish to know is there is something wrong with my profile?am i still a member?

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Atul,

I can understand that it can be disappointing not to hear back from clients after submitting your proposal. There are several reasons why a client can't get back to you right away after they posted their job, but hopefully, this will not discourage you from submitting proposals to jobs that you may be interested in. You might want to check out the following to help you improve your profile and have a higher chance of getting noticed by clients:

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

~ Joanne
Upwork
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atul,

I reviewed your profile and would like to provide some suggestions for improvement. 

For your Title, you want to write something that will help you to stand out and capture the attention of clients. The more precise you can be in your title about the services you offer, the more likely it is to catch the attention of businesses that need your particular expertise. So, as a virtual assistant, highlight the specific services you offer.

For your Overview, focus on how you can help prospective clients achieve their goals.  Consider describing the type of clients you usually work with or perhaps even your ideal client and the types of challenges you can help them overcome. Remember: Your profile isn’t just about you! Its main objective is to show potential clients the value of what you can do for them.

I did notice some spelling and grammar errors in your profile as well. To help add extra polish, consider using a tool like Grammarly. This is the tool I use. It’s free and it works as a Chrome add-on, so it works in your Upwork proposals, profile edits, and Web-based email.

I strongly suggest checking out this article for more information on perfecting your profile.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths