🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Regarding first job !
Page options
mkalsi17
Community Member

Regarding first job !

I have an issue regarding first job.  Actually i have submitted many proposals for my skills relevant jobs but clients doesn't response because i am new at upwork and not have any profile score.

**Edited for community guidelines**

please help me to get my first job !!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manmeet,

Just to confirm that Upwork does not work like this. 

Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals on jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Also, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
joynul33
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your posting. I reviewed your profile and you need some changes your title. You should write a Web Developer or Graphic Designer. you need to modify your overview also. After that, you write eye catchy cover letter and submit the job hopefully you will win the job.

Thanks to using Upwork!

#happy #freelancing! 

Joynul

Hey Joynul A,

I have change everything as you suggested me. I even have submitted  different - different eye catchy cover letter for proposals but it doesn't work to me. 

Is there any other way to win a job ?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I’m having trouble landing my first job as well. I’d really appreciate any profile suggestions.

Cassandra G wrote:
I’m having trouble landing my first job as well. I’d really appreciate any profile suggestions.

I have no idea what skills you are offering. Be specific. Create a catchy headline. Portfolio pieces you have any? Tests are always nice. 

You know what the matter about not getting job is you don't have work history on upwork profile.

I have only experience on upwork till now is If you don't have a job score, then you'll not eligible for any job! 

No matter how strong is your profile, How creative  is your portfolio, how eye catchy is your proposal... No one care untill you don't have job score.

People don't care about your unqiue talent... All they need is a work history and job score which newbies on upwork can't get it.

I know this will hurt you, but it's truth about upwork!

Sincerely,

Manmeet Singh

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manmeet,

Just to confirm that Upwork does not work like this. 

Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals on jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience.

Also, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork. 

Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths