🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Regarding paypal email address
Page options
pax_
Community Member

Regarding paypal email address

Hello Guys, 

I wasn't able to change my paypal email address, it seems to be set as default based on your login. 
Is there is a way to change it? 

Best Regards, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lukas,

To clarify, PayPal account you are adding needs to match the email address you have on file on your Upwork account. You can either add an additional email to your PayPal account or change your Upwork account email under Settings> Contact Info. Note that if you change your email on Upwork, you'll be using the new email for logging in and receiving notifications. Let us know if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lukas, 

You should be able to update your Paypal information by going to this page. Let me know if you are unable to update it, and if there are any notifications or errors on your end, and I'll look into it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
pax_
Community Member

Sounds great. 

Well... i don't have possibility to change the email address, so i 
go ahead with " Not your paypal email address ". 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

In the end that takes me here: 

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23128632 and than redircets to:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063968-How-do-I-set-up-to-get-paid-to-PayPal-

it pretty much takes me to the help center...

It would be easier to make that html element (tag) editable: 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

I use google chrome, latest one. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lukas, 

You should be able to remove this Paypal account from your payment method to disassociate it from your Upwork account. Once done, you should be able to add a new Paypal account with the correct email address.

~ Avery
Upwork
pax_
Community Member

Already tried it, there is no way for me to edit paypal email address. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lukas,

To clarify, PayPal account you are adding needs to match the email address you have on file on your Upwork account. You can either add an additional email to your PayPal account or change your Upwork account email under Settings> Contact Info. Note that if you change your email on Upwork, you'll be using the new email for logging in and receiving notifications. Let us know if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
pax_
Community Member

It would be easier, from user experience point of view to have a possibility to bind different paypal accounts. Anyhow thank you guys for help! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths