cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering from China (Issues with Location, Phone)

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
21 of 34

Jessica T wrote:

So, I do need a working visa if only working online outside of my home country? 

Even if you work online and perform services for a person or company in a different country or continent, you are still a natural person physically being in a specific country, and this is what counts when it comes to your visa, work permit, tax liabilities, etc.

As these are highly sensitive matters, upwork will never tell you what you are allowed to do, or prohibited from doing regarding these subjects. 

Itahisa C Member Since: Jan 17, 2019
22 of 34

Hi, 

I'm having a similar problem. I can't finish my profile as I don't live in the USA and don't have a +1 number. Can anyone assist me?

Thanks in advance. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
23 of 34

Hi Itahisa,

Your location needs to represent where are you currently located. Feel free to share whit me where you`re located now and I will update your country, thank you.

Untitled
24 of 34

Hi Goran, 

Yes, I've been trying to find a way to change it. My current location is Barbados, can you please update it?

Many thanks!

25 of 34

Hi Itahisa,

I`ve updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

Untitled
26 of 34

Excellent!

Thanks so much!

Andrea J Member Since: Nov 19, 2019
27 of 34

I have the same problem as the OP.  I chose the United Kingdom when I registered thinking that this would show as part of my profile and reflect my nationality, however, I am currently based in China and stuck on Step 9 of the application process as I can't change the country location to match my address and phone number. I'm hoping that I too can be helped ... pretty please :-)

28 of 34

Hi Andrea,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application when you`re ready. Thank you.

Untitled
29 of 34
Fantastic! Thank you :-)
30 of 34

Fantastic! Thanks for your super-speedy reply @Goran

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS