🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Registering on upwork
Page options
hunt-crowley-ste
Community Member

Registering on upwork

I have been a freelance writer for many years working on a variety of projects. The registration process asks for my skills but will not accept anything I enter. Is there a list that I can refer to and pick a skill?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
datasol2019
Community Member

Yes, there is list. when you type a part of a skill, thesystem looks for a match from the list and shown as drop down. Skills are bound to the listed ones. So you cannot input any text . Perhaps in the mean time you got it how to  do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
datasol2019
Community Member

Yes, there is list. when you type a part of a skill, thesystem looks for a match from the list and shown as drop down. Skills are bound to the listed ones. So you cannot input any text . Perhaps in the mean time you got it how to  do that.

Thank you - I figured out how that page worked - and then became bogged down when it came to English proficiency NOTHING worked the green arrow did not give a drop down menu and the box contained text that did nothing! I hope it was not all deleted when I left the page.

Hi Stephanie,

I checked this for you on our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Please clear your cache and cookies and try using different browser. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
s_vallone
Community Member

There seems to be an issue with the coding on certain feilds in the profile set up page where it will not allow anything to be done but is required.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths