🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Reject proposal after attach a complete f...
Page options
cendrid
Community Member

Reject proposal after attach a complete file job.

Hi, My name is Cendrid

I'm still new to upwork,

The job is photo editing.

I submit a proposal with the complete attachment file for the job.

He ask me to change the pixel of the images of all of the attachment file he given. And I submit it, with a complete fulfilment file from me.

I hasn't get a contact or a interview from him yet

Now here's the question, can he get the file that I edit and then reject my proposal?

Even it is mark as "Payment method verified"?

It is one time project

I kind of fool to submit the job and complete it without any accepted request

Your reply is gladly appreciate.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Lee C wrote:

I submit a proposal with the complete attachment file for the job.

He ask me to change the pixel of the images of all of the attachment file he given. And I submit it, with a complete fulfilment file from me.

I hasn't get a contact or a interview from him yet

Now here's the question, can he get the file that I edit and then reject my proposal?

Sure. You decided to give your work away because you were not hired.

Why in the world would you submit a proposal with the completed work?

In future, do not do any work at all until you are hired with a fully funded (or hourly) contract.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Lee: You are working for free. Please do not do that! You waste your time and you mess things up for the rest of us.

cendrid
Community Member

As what I read at here, it is kind of disappointing.

I hope the opposite user are a kind heart to pay me. But still disappointing. I such a fool

I will take this as volunteer, experience and a lesson

Thank you everyone.
kat303
Community Member

You give this client the work they wanted for free. You didn't even have a job. You weren't hired. Clients attach samples of their files/materials so freelancers can look at it and determine how much work needs to be done when they see the actual files. Do other freelancers do what you did - submit finished work and hope the client will either hire them or pay them? Sure, The client didn't ask you to provide the completed job, you did that yourself. It's against Upwork's TOS for a client to ask for free work, but it's not against the TOS for a freelancer to give free work. But if they (freelancers) do, those freelancers will end up in the same situation as you. They will not get paid. 

It's totally obvious you have NO idea how freelancing and this site works. Before you do anything else, click on this link and read EVERY bit of information listed under the 9 section links.  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

And a piece of advice. Just because you are trusting, honest and have ethics and morals, don't think that many clients also have those same qualities. There are SO many clients who are scammers and/or know how to work the system to their advantage. You need to add SMART to your qualities so that in the future you get paid for the work you do after you are hired. I also advise you to search these discussion forums for scams to educate yourself. 

"It's totally obvious you have NO idea how freelancing and this site works."

Ouch, that is a bit harsh. Perhaps tone it down a notch, maybe even four? He would not have posted on this topic if he knew what he was doing. That is the point of this topic.

I think his attitude of "lesson" learned and this was a volunteer job is admirable. The client should at least pay him something and write a nice review. That might be worth more than the payment.

William D wrote:

Ouch, that is a bit harsh. Perhaps tone it down a notch, maybe even four? He would not have posted on this topic if he knew what he was doing. That is the point of this topic.

I think his attitude of "lesson" learned and this was a volunteer job is admirable. The client should at least pay him something and write a nice review. That might be worth more than the payment.

The client isn't going to pay him, and feedback can't happen unless there's a proper contract in place. Kathy is just telling it like it is.There's no "ouch" about it.

People like the OP sign up and start giving their work away for free because they can't be bothered to read all the information available about how to work smart and work safely. These kinds of stories not only affect the person they happen to, they bring the whole site down. I put some of the blame on Upwork's shoulders, because they are allowing so many profiles of people who are not even remotely ready to freelance/run their own business.

William D wrote:

-----------------

I’m to the point and I’m not going to apologize for what I say. What I said is correct. If you read the OP's message it is obvious that he doesn't know how to work correctly. He doesn't know the procedures and doesn't know the scams. I can’t tell you how many scammers, clients and freelancers alike, that are on this site. Yet freelancers jump right in without knowing a thing about freelancing in general much less how this or any other site works. They give away free work, they work when not even hired, they work when escrow is not fully funded. They take money offsite and their accounts get suspended for that, they cash checks and send the excess money to vendors, orphanages or whatever,  they give away passport/visa information, drivers license numbers, bank account information, social security numbers, credit card/paypal account numbers, send money to clients for computer equipment, country taxes, country freelancer registration fees and other bogus fees and they take jobs that involve fraud and money laundering.  ALL because they didn’t know.

Then they come on here and post about all of the above and want to know how to get paid. When you buy a product that needs assembling or other information on how to use it do you just jump right in without reading the manual? And when the product doesn’t work correctly, do you complain to the manufacturer? You can’t hold a freelancer’s hand especially when there’s not a day that goes by that you see posts in the Freelancers and New to Upwork section of this site.

Maybe there should be some sort of agreement new freelancers should check off  when they log in here for the first time before you can proceed further.

I understand and acknowledge that I know nothing about the procedures and TOS of Upwork and I will take all responsibility for anything that goes wrong because of my inability to educate myself.  

I have read the TOS and read posts on the discussion site. I know what to do, and I know what scams to look for and avoid.

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

Always make sure that you are hired first before you begin the work.

The payment will be on escrow to make it protected, then you begin your job. You give your job for free, take that as a lesson.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths