🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Remote Projects vs On Site
Page options
dereklee02
Community Member

Remote Projects vs On Site

Good morning, I am new to Upwork and wondering how I know if a Project is Remote or at the physical location of the Client.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Lisa R wrote:

Good morning, I am new to Upwork and wondering how I know if a Project is Remote or at the physical location of the Client.

Basically they are all remote. In the rare case that a client needs the freelancer to be on site somewhere, he will mention it in the job post. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Lisa R wrote:

Basically they are all remote. In the rare case that a client needs the freelancer to be on site somewhere, he will mention it in the job post. 

There are also jobs that are remote but where the client still would prefer that you be in their town or at least time zone. They'll say "local job" in the description and if you're not there you either won't be able to apply or you'll get a message that you *can* apply, but the client will see you're not in their desired location.

Thank you Kelly! 🙂 I received two "Solutions" but I guess I can only select "Solution" once or I would have selected you as well.

Have a blessed day! Lisa

If someone wants a portrait photo, they have to be local, but how can I be sure they are?

re: "If someone wants a portrait photo, they have to be local, but how can I be sure they are?"

Not all job postings are usable.

If a client posts a job for photo portraiture, with specifying the location, then they have made an unfortunate mistake.

You could ignore the post. You could flag the job as inappropriate and select the reason that states the job is incomplete or has inadequate information.

Not all clients are skilled in creating job postings. Some may mistakenly believe that a job posting automatically identifies the location in a concrete way. Which it does not.

Thank you Martina! 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths