🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Removing duplicated accounts
Page options
5886f500
Community Member

Removing duplicated accounts

Hello there.

Hope you are doing well.

After reading an article about Upwork, I decided to join as a freelancer. But. because I am a kind of new here, I tried a test signup and used my phone number. And I closed this test account and tried to create my real account. But it says my phone number is already connected to another account though I have alreaedy closed the old duplicated account. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kevin J wrote:

Hello there.

Hope you are doing well.

After reading an article about Upwork, I decided to join as a freelancer. But. because I am a kind of new here, I tried a test signup and used my phone number. And I closed this test account and tried to create my real account. But it says my phone number is already connected to another account though I have alreaedy closed the old duplicated account. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue?

What do you need a test account for? You will need to ask a moderator to reinstall the first account and close the second one, as you are only allowed to have one.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kevin J wrote:

Hello there.

Hope you are doing well.

What do you need a test account for? You will need to ask a moderator to reinstall the first account and close the second one, as you are only allowed to have one.

Hi Martina,

Thank you for checking out my case.

I didn't want to have two accounts actually and I closed the duplicated one successfully. Now, everything works fine with my only account.

If I need help from you later, I will appriciate your help.

Thanks again.

AndreaG

Hi Kevin,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
5886f500
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I really appreciate your quick response.

I made the duplicated account closed successfully and now everything works fine. If I need any further help in the future, I will contact you asap. Thanks again and take care.

ksgarcia
Community Member

I too am having challenges. I setup a client account instead of a freelance account. I tried setting up a new fewwlance account under a new email but when I get to the phone number section it tells me my number is being used (on initial account). Problem is, I am almost done with my entire profile and if I close the new freelance account, I will lose all my info, is there any way my first account could merge with the 2nd? for the sake of saving my info?

Hi Kirah,

I've requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out to assist you in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ksgarcia
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for you rresponse.  I actually started an account a a client by accident under **Edited for Community Guidelines** and then requested to close/delete it because I thought I needed to set up another account as a freelancer.  That account, I used a different email **Edited for Community Guidelines** but when trying to enter phone number it says attached to another account.  Can you help me reopening the first account so I can transfer my info there and get started. THansk a bunch, appreciate your assitance.

THanks,KIrah

Hi KIrah,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket Here with any additional information you have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You!!

Hello, I have the same problem. A month ago I tried joining Upwork by creating an account but it got disapproved so I forget about it. Recently I created another account with a different email unknowingly the term of one account per person since I'm a new user. The account I made this time got approved immediately. I was setting up my profile and such, tried to verify my identity. I got this error message that I already have an account. I tried to open my old account and close it immediately. While reading community forums I learned that the second account should be one to close instead of the first. What should I do? Is there any way to re-open my account? 

Hello, I have the same problem. A month ago I tried joining Upwork by creating an account but it got disapproved so I forget about it. Recently I created another account with a different email unknowingly the term of one account per person since I'm a new user. The account I made this time got approved immediately. I was setting up my profile and such, tried to verify my identity. I got this error message that I already have an account. I tried to open my old account and close it immediately. While reading community forums I learned that the second account should be one to close instead of the first. What should I do? Is there any way to re-open my account? 

Yes, you need to open a ticket to reopen first initial account. Remember that if you are using the same phone number you may need to wait until the 2nd account is closed in order to use your phone number on your 1st account. Hope that helps. Everyone is so helpful here, it’s awesome the community support.

Wish you luck,
Kirah

I really appreciate your response Kirah. May I ask how/where to get a ticket? 

rezescovilla
Community Member

I mistakenly created a duplicate account as a freelancer. My first account was made a month ago and it didn't get approved so I forget about it. Recently I made a new account with a different email address and it was approved instantly. My concern now is Upwork won't let me verify my new approved account because it says I already have another account. I already closed the old account I made since I still remember the password. It's really not my intention to create two accounts. What should I do to verify my identity?

Hi Rezel,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the response. Sent you a PM already 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths