Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies to posts not getting through

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 18

I have just replied to a post (twice because I thought I had not pressed the 'post' button) - which said my reply had been submitted, but is not showing up. Is anyone else getting this?

ETA: I've discovered what it is. If I add a link to one of the help pages, the message does not go through. My question remains though.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
2 of 18

Hi Nichola,

Yes, It happened to me just now with the same post you just replied to. I don't know why. I had also replied twice but it didn't show up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 18

Thanks for confirming Samrat. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 18

Hi Nichola and Samrat,

Could you please pm me a screenshot of the page after you try to post a comment with a help page link? Also, are you experiencing this with a certain help page or when linking any of our help articles/pages as well?

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 18

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply.

This is the link I was adding with my reply to that post:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358

I clicked on the "post "  button twice but it didn't show up although it looked like it went through.

Thanks,

Samrat

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 18

Hi Samrat,

Since you were able to post your comment with the link in question, please take a screenshot and let me know if you experience a similar flow again.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 18

It could be two things:

The message went through provided I didn't add the link to the specific help page

It could also be Firefox/Win 10. I have just had a  total connection crash (now restored), but for the time being, I am using Edge.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
8 of 18

@Nichola --

I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome. When I used Firefox and attempted to reply to gmail messages that contained several e-mails in a "chain," I was finding that about 90% of the time I received an "error" message. I had started to respond to gmail e-mail "chains" by just sending a fresh, new e-mail message. Inconvenient. I also found that when I tried to post here to the forum, it would take maybe 4-5 (or more) lengthy tries before the post would "take." (Just endless spinning on the "Post Message" page after I hit the green "Post" button.) The switch to Chrome from Firefox has improved the situation somewhat.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 18

@Janean L wrote:

@Nichola --

I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome. When I used Firefox and attempted to reply to gmail messages that contained several e-mails in a "chain," I was finding that about 90% of the time I received an "error" message. I had started to respond to gmail e-mail "chains" by just sending a fresh, new e-mail message. Inconvenient. I also found that when I tried to post here to the forum, it would take maybe 4-5 (or more) lengthy tries before the post would "take." (Just endless spinning on the "Post Message" page after I hit the green "Post" button.) The switch to Chrome from Firefox has improved the situation somewhat.

Thanks Janean,

Things seem to be back to normal again - but I am quite wary of Firefox now. There always seems to be a problem when it updates. As there is with Windows 10. Still, I don't know if it is what caused the problem re my original question. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 18

Hi Vladimir,

I just experienced such flow when replying to a post with a link. Attached is the screenshot. Is it because the link contains a "?" mark? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Samrat