🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Report a Client
Page options
fmartizano
Community Member

Report a Client

Hi members,

I am new to upwork. I recently receive a project but the client want to do it outside upwork. We are already on the payment transaction process. He said payment was on hold because I need to send $200 first for the processing fee. He said it is for the currency exchange fee. Client is sending me the payment outside upwork. I told him to pass it through upwork payment process but he is saying that I am talking irrelevant topic. 

1 REPLY 1
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Frances - I am not sure why you are posting this on Upwork's Community now after deciding to get paid outside of the platform!

There is a very important thing that you are missing, It's not okay to receive payments outside of Upwork. It is not even allowed to contact the client outside of Upwork before having a Contract in place. This is a violation of Upwork's TOS that could permanently suspend your account. Please read the TOS carefully to avoid getting your account suspended for a reason that you weren't aware of.

You won't get paid for the work that you did... This is, also, a big chance that you'll pay money for scammers instead of getting paid for the work that you did. 

Keep everything on Upwork, Report the client if he requested to work outside of Upwork.
Don't pay a single penny for the client whatever the reason was.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths