🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Request for Deletion of my Freelancer of Acco...
Page options
89bce66b
Community Member

Request for Deletion of my Freelancer of Account

Hi. I have a freelancer account and I've emailed Upwork last September of 2019 to delete the account from their database, as I am no longer active and no longer want to be associated with Upwork.

When I Googled my name, it is still in the search results. When I opened the link, it says only Clients can view my profile. So I registered a client account only to find out that my Freelancer account is still here and not yet removed. Tried to login to Upwork using my credentials and wasn't able to.

I'm guessing that Upwork only removed my access to the account and not really delete it.

I've contacted support multiple times and no one has responded yet, so I am posting in this community boards hoping someone can help me out.

Thank you and appreciate your future response.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi NetSuite,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran.

Thanks for the response.

Someone from your support team reached out to me regarding my request.

I've asked for the deletion of my personal data in Upwork but they refused to do so.

They have "closed" my account but apparently, my personal data can't be removed from the system.

As I no longer want to be associated with Upwork in the future, I would like my personal data like Name, Address, Email, Birthday, IDs that I've previously provided deleted from your database.

The reason for this is I don't want these to be exposed in case of a breach in your system as they can be used for illegal activities such as identity theft. Most importantly, I'm trying to purge my personal data to systems I no longer use.

How can I go about this?

Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Could you please confirm if you have sent an email to privacyrequests@upwork.com as noted in your support ticket? Please also refer to Section 6. Your Choices and Rights in our Privacy Policy for more information about your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
89bce66b
Community Member

Hi. Thank you for your response. I did send an email yesterday and followed up today.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming this. The team who is handling your case is more equipped to assist you with your concern. If you need further help, feel free to reach out to the team through the same ticket thread so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths