🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Request for my Resume to their email
Page options
debravrussell
Community Member

Request for my Resume to their email

Hi - Just received this request a while ago is this ligitimate:

Hello Good morning I will be please to tell you more about this job offer I will be available to talk thru out today reach out to me by via mail email me **Edited for community guidelines** and also attach a copy of your resume. thank you

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Might be a legitimate client who is new to Upwork and doesn't understand how Upwork works.

Or it might be a scammer. It is probably a scammer.

This is what I would do. I would reply to the client and provide a link to my Upwork profile.

"Ben:

Thank you for your interest in working with me. Yes, I would like to talk to you about the project. Here is a link to my Upwork profile page, which is my resume. Please feel free to view all of this file and share it with anybody on your team. You may download this page, save it as a file, or print it. Whatever is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Debra."

Debra:

I would definitely START by sending a link to my Upwork profile page. For 99% of real Upwork clients, that should be all they need.

If you actually DO have a resume file handy, then it is not against the rules to send a resume file to a potential client.

But in your resume file, you should NOT include any personal contact information.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debra,

Please note that the original job posting and interview have already been canceled by Upwork team as there were in violation of Upwork ToS. Please, refrain from sharing your personal information with clients. We also suggest keeping communication on Upwork until you have an active contract with the client. You can use the flag option found on each job post to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Here's the help article for more information. Check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths