🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Requesting a manual name review
Page options
willgaffney
Community Member

Requesting a manual name review

My bank account is under a nickname that I have and my license is under my full name. I have tried going through support to contact CS to request a manual name review and the email option is greyed out so I cant use it. After extensive searching to try and find a way to contact CS privately I have come up empty handed 😞

Does someone know how to request a manual name review? If you do can you help me? It would be greatly appreciated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi William,

One of our agents will contact you directly via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi William,

One of our agents will contact you directly via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

I have the same problem! I got by my middle name and my bank account is under my legal first name. What can I do here?

Hi Laney,

We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

got the same problem, hoping to contact you directly

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Tim,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thanks!

Untitled

I need to be contacted for the same issue please. Thanks

Hello M,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello, I also have the same issue as William where my license name is under my full name and bank is under my secondary name. I need help verfiying that the bank account is all under me.

Hi Yingqian,

I see that you already chatted with one of our team members. Please monitor their updates within 24 hours. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I haven't received any updates yet.

I haven't received any updates regarding the verification process of my bank account that is under my secondary name.

Hi Yingqian,

I'll follow up with the team about your request and we'll have you updated as soon as possible.

Sorry about the delay.

UPDATE: the name on your payment method has been approved.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi,
I have the same issue. Need to request a manual name review, so I can add my business checking account (under my business name) for withdrawals. Can someone contact me?

Thank you!
Mike

Sure, Mike! Let us get somebody reach out to you directly about that.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,
I have same issue. Agency name is different than my name. How can I resolve this problem?
Thank you,
Valerii

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valerii, 

This should not be an issue if you are the agency owner, and the bank account name matches your name. Let me know if you have other questions!

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also facing this problem. I am a partner in an agency, obviously our agency has a company name and I have my own name. I have setup our agency to have our tax ID and legal company name, which matches our bank account. However, I can't seem to setup payment.  I have viewed the help article, which says to 'click here' to request a manual name verification, but that just takes me to the same help article with the same link. How do I create a ticket to request the name verification?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christopher.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths