🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Responsive client became unresponsive after h...
Page options
imaiqbal
Community Member

Responsive client became unresponsive after having draft of final project

Hello everyone!

I got my first project 6 days ago. It is a fixed price project. The client was very cooperative and communicative. He has all positive reviews in his profile amd I can see, freelancers are very impressed by his professionalism and behaviors. In fact, I found him the same.

I have followed his instructions and submitted the completed project for his review through message option on 7th June 2020. In the mean time, I have updated him about the work process with screenshots and data. He was impressed by the work progress.

After submitting the project for review, I did not receive any message from him. I can understand that, yesterday was Sunday. But, today I was expecting him to response.

I have few concerns-

- When he sent the offer, I saw that, the project duration was 5 days (2nd June to 7th June, 2020). I have submitted the project for his review on 7th of June via message option. But, I did not use the "Submit work and request for payment" option. Will it have any impact on my project reputation?

- Should I sent him message ot wait for him to response?

- Am I going to have the payment?

Thanks for your time and effort!

Ima|

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moonraker
Community Member

Ima Sultana I wrote:

After submitting the project for review, I did not receive any message from him. I can understand that, yesterday was Sunday. But, today I was expecting him to response.

Blimey, give him a chance!

One should not expect clients to be responsive every day. Provided milestones are set up so you get payment, they don't owe it to you to reply right away. If it takes 14 days before your money is released after submitting your work, then so be it.

That, and not all of the world has even woken up for Monday yet. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You should always use the "submit for payment" button once you send the file. Then you only need to wait for the client to approve payment or upwork to release after 14 days. 

No need to further contact the client if he does not respond. 

I'd give the client at least 3 days to respond before you declare them "unresponsive". Are they even in a time zone where it's Monday morning now?

Hey Christine,

Thanks for your reply. The client's time zone is 1 hour ahead than me. Please pardon me for my bad word choice. I didn't mean to complain against the client. I have mentioned in my post that, I am impressed by his professionalism and behaviors.

I actually didn't know, how long should I wait to have a response. Additionally, I was concerned because I have reached the project submittion deadline. I have waited for 30 hours and became impulsive. Now, I know that not receiving reply for 3 days is normal. Thanks to you again!

Hey Martina,

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know, I should use the "submit for payment" button after having the project approval from client. Should I use the button to place the project for review?

Best wishes!

moonraker
Community Member

Ima Sultana I wrote:

Blimey, give him a chance!

One should not expect clients to be responsive every day. Provided milestones are set up so you get payment, they don't owe it to you to reply right away. If it takes 14 days before your money is released after submitting your work, then so be it.

That, and not all of the world has even woken up for Monday yet. 

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you are right! I should not be impulsive. As it is my first project, I was excited.

Take care!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths