🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Restarting in Upwork
Page options
imamelahi
Community Member

Restarting in Upwork

Hi, I created a login 5-6 years ago, and admittedly did a writing job poorly. I was desperate for work and took a gig that paid $1 per article. I only submitted one article, got paid $1 and was left a 2.5 star rating because the job was never completed.

I am now looking to freelance in a completely different field as a training developer, but this poor job still reflects on my profile and may be preventing me from getting new work. Is there a way to fully remove this, or reset my profile for a fresh start?

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imam,

Thank you for your message. While it is not possible to reset your account, I can offer some guidance and reassurance. First, the Job Success Score (JSS) only considers projects completed in the last two years. So, when you earn a JSS, this project would not factor into it. Second, Top Rated and Top Rated Plus freelancers have the ability to request that feedback be removed periodically. So, if you earn Top Rated status, you will eventually be able to request that this feedback be removed. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths