Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resubmit Buton after Submiting a job for first time

Highlighted
Suzana A Member Since: May 7, 2017
1 of 8

Ladies and Gentlemen

I am new to the community UPwork despite being a translator a few years ago i managed from yesterday to today my first job to be in fixed price through milestones. I finished from yesterday to today the first and still have a second to complete later, is the translation of English to English of a technician document with 9 pages.

I submitted the document for almost 1 hour  ago and then by 2 time 31 min ago because I pressed the button that appeared to me Resubmit work convinced that i did not submited well in the first time.

My question is whether it is normal to see the button and what does it mean?
How should i proceed?

Anny help is apreciated. 

Kind Regards

Suzana Agante 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

@Suzana A wrote:
1) I finished from yesterday to today the first and still have a second to complete later, is the translation of English to English of a technician document with 9 pages.

2) I submitted the document for almost 1 hour  ago and then by 2 time 31 min ago because I pressed the button that appeared to me Resubmit work convinced that i did not submited well in the first time.

3) My question is whether it is normal to see the button and what does it mean?

1) Is was a translation from English to English? Are both milestones showing as FUNDED of the contract page?

2) Do NOT touch the "resubmit button again. It resets the automatic 14 day countdown to getting paid.

3) It is normal and is there for the rare case where you may need to submit something again, either because you were asked to make changes, or noticed that you sent the wrong document or had forgotten one of several documents. Unless you have something different to submit, don't touch the "Resubmit button!"

OT: Would it not be a good idea to concentrate on translating into your native language?

Highlighted
4 of 8

1) I finished from yesterday to today the first and still have a second to complete later, is the translation of Portuguese  to English of a technical document with 9 pages not English to English as you wrote. Im a native Portuguese speaker...

2) Are both milestones showing as FUNDED of the contract page?  Yes it says funded for milestones. 

3) Unless you have something different to submit, don't touch the "Resubmit button!" - So the conclusion its everithing is in order and i submited the first time well the document. 

Manny thanks for your help 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 8

Hi Suzana,

Follow up on Petra advices and provide more information so that we can advise you.
Also you should read this help articles so that you get familiarize with the Fixed price procedures.
Get paid for my Fixed Price Contracts, Fixed price Protection for Freelancers.

Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 8

Hello Goran , 

Manny thanks for the links , i already had read lots of things and tutorials but i did not find anithing about the buton. Now i have no doubts . 

Kind Regards 

Suzana A. 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 8

Hi Suzana,

When you submit work to the client, they have 14 days to review it and approved it. If they don't approved it or request for changes the amount in Escrow will be released to you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

A couple of posts have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

Suzana, please note that your profile has to accurately represent your skills and experience and can't be copied from elsewhere. A member of our team will follow up with you directly with more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
8 of 8

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Kind Regards 

Suzana Agante