🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Retry ID verification?
Page options
b8ae7afb
Community Member

Retry ID verification?

Hello. I attempted my ID verifiction a few nights ago and it failed, and a hold was placed on my account. How do I fix this? I submitted two help requests but never even received anything like a case ID email to make me feel confident the request had properly gone through.

I used my state ID - basically a driver's license minus the bit saying I can drive. I have a few hypotheses about why the verification may have failed.

- When I was setting up my profile pic, I thought the black-and-white version of my picture looked the most professional. Is the profile picture cross-referenced by an AI against my photo ID, thus making the black and white photo more of a hindrance than a help?

- I'm traveling within the US soon and as such, I updated my ID to the REAL ID version that airlines will be requiring on all domestic US flights soon. Is REAL ID new enough that the AI thinks my ID is fake?

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Johanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths