» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Review my profile please
Page options
jatin_parihar
Community Member

Review my profile please

16 REPLIES 16
robin_hyman
Community Member

Your title should start with Graphic Designer specializing in logos and websites.  Remove your name.  It is already listed.  Add your skills on top.  Make the first two lines stand out as that is what a client sees when they do a search.  

I have make some changes into my profile please review

Robin H

Jitinder P wrote:

Robin H

It still needs work.  You are a Graphic Designer Specializing in Logo & Websites.  However, that is not that compelling and mirrors thousands of other profiles.  Jazz it up.  Research other top rated freelancers and see what stands out to you.  Then personalize your own.

Again, the first two lines are what stands out.  You have a quote and then nothing.  Is this what you want to share as the first thing a potential client reads about you?  Use the real estate wisely.  

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Hello.  I tend toward less gushy and more direct comments. All honest comments are good ones, however.

Let's start, ground up.

Your profile reads like you are desperate.  Unlimited revisions, willing to work 50 to 60 hours a week.   I understand that is your way of saying "all in, I'll do what is necessary".  That is also tailor-made to attract clients who will abuse you and indicates a mentality of taking whatever is handed out.  You are better than this. 

There are grammar errors in the profile to fix.  India-based resources have it hard enough with prospective clients who worry about communication skills.  Your profile must be grammarian-class perfect so that concern is not advanced further than need be.

I can't see your portfolio.  Hopefully it is stronger than your profile.

Now get yourself organized in thinking.  You are competing with a world of contractors now.  Some of them make it their sole mission in life to win work that could otherwise be yours.  Be a competitor, shore up your profile, exhibit strong business mindsets and go win some work worthy of your talent and ambition.

Thank you John B for your precious time to helping me 

My portfolio is public and i am working on it , i will upload my latest work soon,

John B

Good. **edited for Community Guidelines**

There are two stages in Upwork success.  Being a strong to brilliant delivery professional.  And convincing people you are a strong to brilliant delivery professional.

I'd like you to put your full heart and mind into this work.  Do this for yourself.  It is time to sparkle in presenting yourself.  Email me privately when you are ready for an ally-class dialog about the outcomes.

We cannot fail, when we do not fail trying.

John.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Remove the quote from your review since your reviews are already visible just below it. Also, the spacing and punctuation are all wonky - technically incorrect. Not sure how it looks to be a graphic designer and have your profile with random stray periods and commas everywhere. 

Unlimited revisions?

If I was hiring freelancers to work for a business I owned I would certainly not waste my time and money with someone like that.

Preston has one of the most advanced hiring profiles on this system.  To accompany one of the most advanced and successful Upwork careers on the system.  When he speaks, it is good to listen.

"Unlimited revisions" =s "willing to do what is necessary to ensure client success.

We all provide unlimited revisions in our profession, Preston.  We all do what is necessary for our (good, appropriately positioned) clients to succeed.  The young man is simply expressing his will to succeed, but way to bluntly so.

I would hire someone who wrote that, because I would see a will that cannot be broken to deliver success to my project.  Then I could counsel him to not say it like that.

Just a position of consideration.

Thank you for your response Preston H

I respect what you say, Yes its true i add unlimited revision point in my profile description to show
what is actually me according to my thoughts unlimited revisions = to satisfy client. I love when my client
satisfy after number of revisions and feel happy and tell me to share beautiful work with the smiley emoji with positive review

I update that point from my profile but if client needs revsions then i will do it again and again and again..

Jitinder P wrote:

Thank you for your response Preston H

I respect what you say, Yes its true i add unlimited revision point in my profile description to show
what is actually me according to my thoughts unlimited revisions = to satisfy client. I love when my client
satisfy after number of revisions and feel happy and tell me to share beautiful work with the smiley emoji with positive review

I update that point from my profile but if client needs revsions then i will do it again and again and again..

This is so cute and precious I just want to pinch your little cheeks. Bookmark this for when you come back to the forum complaining about a client who has sent your work back 40 times for revisions and now wants a refund and now your'e all rageface cuz of all the work you've put in. So cute.

This is so cute and precious I just want to pinch your little cheeks. Bookmark this for when you come back to the forum complaining about a client who has sent your work back 40 times for revisions and now wants a refund and now your'e all rageface cuz of all the work you've put in. So cute.

Hysterical yet true.  

Hello Jennifer M

Thanks for your time

Yes it is a big drawback of unlimited revision, I appreciate and accept this but i believe " if you have good skills in your field you can never reach to 40 revisions from one client or if you reach to 40 revisions then you have to change your field because you unsuccessful ta make your client satisfy"

No client will ask for refund money back when freelancer make good relation with client , communicate well , fulfill client needs, Complete work on time ----

I accept i am bad bidder that's why i didn't won more projects but i earn 4+ rating from those projects which i won that's why i am here and taking help from community to improve my profile and i am learning a lot.

And Yes mam you can pinch my little chicks more then 40 times i don't mind. Smiley Happy

Jitinder P wrote:

No client will ask for refund money back when freelancer make good relation with client , communicate well , fulfill client needs, Complete work on time ----

lol oh dear. Sometimes, you just gotta let people figure it out for themselves.

Jitinder P wrote:

Hello Jennifer M

Thanks for your time

Yes it is a big drawback of unlimited revision, I appreciate and accept this but i believe " if you have good skills in your field you can never reach to 40 revisions from one client or if you reach to 40 revisions then you have to change your field because you unsuccessful ta make your client satisfy"

Well, you couldn't be more wrong about that, unfortunately, and I agree with Jennifer about your cuteness.

I've been freelancing since before you were born, so I have no lack of experience, but just last year, a particularly "challenging" client requested over 100 rounds of revisions - over a period of a year and a half - to what should have been a fairly simple 10-page document. No real reason - they just kept completely changing their minds and contradicting themselves about what they liked and didn't like. Luckily, I had not foolishly promised them unlimited revisions, or it could have been one of those homicide/suicide situations.

But that's fine - keep hold of your optimism for as long as you can (it won't be long, trust me). 

Unlimited Revisions.

All that happens with unlimited revisions is that the client gets to be as inefficent as humanly possible, and you have to work yourself to the bone regardless of how much effort you put in.

Its a fixed bid. You bid based on how much time you thought it would take + certain number of changes and then coming away with a profit. 

In a perfect world, the client would give detailed feedback and know exactly what they want. They'd be efficient and help you finish the job within the budget of a fixed bid because thats what perpetuates a good relationship between client and contractor.

In a relationship with fixed revisions, the client is incentivized to be efficent with vision and information, because your time has value and they know they if they cant make their mind up, or they forget details or changes then its going to fall on a new agreement, that involves additional funding because the reason for the excess revisions, is that the client could not make their mind up.

In a relationship with unlimited revisions, the client is incentivized to be as inefficent with vision and information, because your time has NO value and they know they if they cant make their mind up, or they forget details or changes then its not going to fall on a new agreement, that trhey can make as many changes as they like and it wont cost them a dime.

"Oh just want to see what it looks like in blue. Quick fix." - Times 3000

However that being said, I fully love unlimited revisions when Im being paid by the hour.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths