Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Review my profile.

muhammadhaseeb23
Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 18, 2020
1 of 10

Hey experts, 

 

I'm very new to this platform. I'm a university student. I have a lot of knowledge and practical experience but don't have a client.

 

Pls, review my profile and if you have any suggestions , let me know Smiley Happy

 

Regards.

alexis-arinze
Community Leader
Alexis A Member Since: May 18, 2020
2 of 10

Muhammad H wrote:

Hey experts, 

 

I'm very new to this platform. I'm a university student. I have a lot of knowledge and practical experience but don't have a client.

 

Pls, review my profile and if you have any suggestions , let me know Smiley Happy

 

Regards.



I'm no expert but I would recommend lowering the hourly rate a bit. Some clients don't want to pay that much when you're just starting out. After getting more clients and reviews, you can slowly raise it back up. There's also a minor grammar mistake in your general profile description. I know your skills don't include ghostwriting but it's still important to make sure descriptions are error free. Whether it be an incorrectly spelled word, or a missing punctuation, the client may be offput and look for another freelancer. Hope this helped!

muhammadhaseeb23
Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 18, 2020
3 of 10

I'm grateful you reviewed my profile and feedback.

 

 

Please, Can you identify the grammar mistakes? 

alexis-arinze
Community Leader
Alexis A Member Since: May 18, 2020
4 of 10

Muhammad H wrote:

I'm grateful you reviewed my profile and feedback.

 

 

Please, Can you identify the grammar mistakes? 



Sure, the ones that stuck out to me were the words that weren't capitalized.

 

Ex: blah blah blah. and I'm very excited to---

 

That's just an example but you get my point. Even though it was a minor mistake, it still might be all the client sees. Good thing it's a quick fix though Smiley Happy

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 10

The name on your profile doesn't match the name on your certificates.  Huge red flag for potential clients.

muhammadhaseeb23
Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 18, 2020
6 of 10

Mary W wrote:

The name on your profile doesn't match the name on your certificates.  Huge red flag for potential clients.

 


My complete name is "Muhammad Haseeb Ayub" is that a problem now?

 

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
7 of 10

Muhammad H wrote:

Hey experts, 

 

I'm very new to this platform. I'm a university student. I have a lot of knowledge and practical experience but don't have a client.

 

Pls, review my profile and if you have any suggestions , let me know Smiley Happy

 

Regards.


The portfolio is for examples of your work, not for certificates. Why is the name on the certificates different from your profile name? This is the kind of descrepancy that would make a potential client wonder about what else you are misrepresenting. Plus, never mention that you are honest, that should be a given. 

muhammadhaseeb23
Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 18, 2020
8 of 10

My full name is "Muhammad Haseeb Ayub". upwork only show "Muhammad H." and on certificates, it doesn't have "Muhammad".

 

Is that a problem???

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
9 of 10

Muhammad H wrote:

My full name is "Muhammad Haseeb Ayub". upwork only show "Muhammad H." and on certificates, it doesn't have "Muhammad".

 

Is that a problem???


It will be for clients that don't know that. Better change that so that it matches. 

muhammadhaseeb23
Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 18, 2020
10 of 10


It will be for clients that don't know that. Better change that so that it matches. 


Thank you so much for pointing out

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS