🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Badge Not Awarded
Page options
christine_pape
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge Not Awarded

I am aware that this has been asked repeatedly, but I am frustrated that no one seems to be able to determine why certain people are not awarded this badge even though all the criteria are met. It does not seem fair, as there are perks such as reduced fees and bonus connects. I was unable to bid on a job today because I have neither the Rising Talent Badge or a JSS score. I have one job completed with a 5-star rating and another in progress. All other criteria are met. I did take the Readiness Test a few times (which it says you are permitted to do - passed on the first try but attempted to get a higher score). I have passed the test with a 4.5, but I'm wondering if the multiple attempts are the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine,

We are not able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I don't understand what "we can't share the users RI Talent qualification specifics" means. I met the requirements days ago. It is clear I am not receiving it. Others have asked why some receive it and some don't. No one will answer that question. Saying you will receive it within 48 hours is not an answer when some people just don't receive it when all the qualifications are clearly met. At that point no one seems willing to help.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Christine P wrote:

I am aware that this has been asked repeatedly, but I am frustrated that no one seems to be able to determine why certain people are not awarded this badge even though all the criteria are met. It does not seem fair, as there are perks such as reduced fees and bonus connects. I was unable to bid on a job today because I have neither the Rising Talent Badge or a JSS score. I have one job completed with a 5-star rating and another in progress. All other criteria are met. I did take the Readiness Test a few times (which it says you are permitted to do - passed on the first try but attempted to get a higher score). I have passed the test with a 4.5, but I'm wondering if the multiple attempts are the problem.

There are no reduced fees for rising talent that I know of, and the one-time free connects are worth 4,50 USD. You can still apply to any jobs, even if the client clicked it, it's just a preference, not a requirement. 

So in short, nothing to get upset about. At all. 

I think perhaps you are missing the point, but regardless, see attached. 

Christine P wrote:

I think perhaps you are missing the point, but regardless, see attached. 

Thank you, I did not know that. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths