🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Batch
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Hi Crystal, 

I checked and it looks like you received a Job Success Score. Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Edited to add information:

Please allow more time for your JSS to be updated correctly on your profile. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Few days ago I received the Rising Talent Badge, within a few hours of received badge, JSS is showing on my profile. But the next day I suddenly saw that my Rising talent badge was not being shown, there was just JSS showing in my profile.
I also received a notification from upwork for received Rising Talent badge and get 30 connects .. but that notification has now been deleted but I have also received a mail and I have attached it please check.

I submitted this problem to the community a few days ago but no solution has been found yet.

Please be aware of my problem. Because some of the Clients prefer qualification rising talent on his job post for which many of my interviews are being rejected.

🙏🙏🙏

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Rising Talent is only for people who have not been on the platform long enough to establish a JSS. You have reached that first important milepost. Congratulations on your 100!  Keep it at 90 or above for 13 of the next 16 weeks and you will receive the Top Rated badge which actually is worthwhile.

I have not received a rising talent badge yet or an invitation as my profile is completed. What do I Ned to do to achieve this?

Hi Maneesh,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the information.

Maneesh B wrote:

I have not received a rising talent badge yet or an invitation as my profile is completed. What do I Ned to do to achieve this?

Both are really not that relevant to your upwork career. You will only receive invitations to jobs when you have an established history on upwork. If you receive an invitation now, it is from somebody that want to take advantage of your inexperience, or worst case is a scammer. 

It is much more important that you write good proposals and deliver excellent work once you are hired. 

Hi Martina,

Thanks for the information, actually I was talking about the invitation for rising talent batch not invitations from prospects 🙂

Maneesh B wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thanks for the information, actually I was talking about the invitation for rising talent batch not invitations from prospects 🙂

I see. I guess you meant badge, not batch, I was so confused what you meant.... 😉

oops, it is badge not batch.

Hello Everyone.

I am new to the up work.

It is my first month on Upwork and I need someone from the high authority to review my account and let me know how I am going and can I be eligible for Upwork Rising talent?

Muhammad A wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I am new to the up work.

It is my first month on Upwork and I need someone from the high authority to review my account and let me know how I am going and can I be eligible for Upwork Rising talent?

You have a JSS, so you have not become rising talent and also never will, you have skipped this step. It happens when you have a number of jobs in quick succession. 

It's only a two weeks ago I have joined!

Where I did I missed this opportunity? 

Muhammad A wrote:

It's only a two weeks ago I have joined!

Where I did I missed this opportunity? 

Too many jobs in too little time, which should make you happy, because having a JSS is better than being rising talent. 

Hi community

I am new to Upwork. It's been 26 days since me I am on Upwork. I submit a proposal that meets my skill sets. I have passed the Upwork readiness test. My profile and visibility are 100 % and up to date. 

How can I get a rising talent badge.

My other friend got this badge without any contract by fulfilling the criteria with no contract. I have one contract.

Hi Mushtaq,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.
Pradeep.
Upwork

Hi, I have already passed the Upwork Readiness Test and completed other requrements (According to my knowledge), but still I did not get the Rising Talent Badge? What would be the reason or how long should I wait for this?

Thanks.

Hello Amitha,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. I have taken the upwork readiness test severally and I have passed all. I apply for jobs frequently, I recently ended a long term contract, and I get interviews. What would it take for me to get my Rising Talent Badge?

Immaculata M wrote:
Hello. I have taken the upwork readiness test severally and I have passed all. I apply for jobs frequently, I recently ended a long term contract, and I get interviews. What would it take for me to get my Rising Talent Badge?

You have a JSS, so you can't ever get a Rising Talent badge, which is only for people who do not have a JSS yet. Your next goal would be the "Top Rated Badge".

I took the RIsing Talent test one week ago, and still have not yet received the badge on my profile.  I have met all the requirements.  Is there something else that I need to do?

Please advise.

Thanks

Merri Wong

Merri W wrote:

I took the RIsing Talent test one week ago

There is no such thing. There is an Upwork Readiness Test.

Either way, you can't ever get a Rising Talent Badge because you have a JSS and a Top Rated badge which is actually better!

The Rising Talent badge is for new freelancers who don't have a Success Score yet

I have posted two topics on why I haven’t received my rising Talent Badge, I haven’t been replied neither can I find any of my topics in the community discussion forum. Why??

Dear Upwork Community,

I am an old member of Upwork and I think I am not eligible for the Rising Talent batch, At that time Rising Talent batch was not introduced, but my profile is well maintained.

Most of the client demands preferred qualifications from the Rising Talent batch when they post their jobs.

Should I submit the proposal on those jobs which are demanding the Rising Talent batch?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Kind Regards

M. Imran

Did you attempt and pass the Upwork readiness test? If not please do that by going to Find Work-> Upwork Readiness Test.

And follow these points:

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

The rising talent preference mentioned in the job posts is just an indication that clients are willing to consider rising talent candidates. You can apply to those jobs even if you do not have a rising talent badge. 

Yes, sir, I have followed these all guidelines, and also pass the readiness test.

And my profile complete 100% and also place my introduction video

Please help me for my Rising Talent Batch.
Thank you,

Regards
M. Imran

Hi Muhammad,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I want to apply for rising talent, or any other Fiverr profile that is higher than rising talent. I have enough work history from my Binance portfolio to support my claim and skill. Please how can I do this?

Hi Godwin,

While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers and agencies are added to the program when they qualify. Please visit this help article for more information about the requirements.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi everyone, 
I got my rising talent badge a while ago and I have completed 3 more projects after that with 5-star reviews and I submit my proposals regularly and I also have a 100% complete profile. I just want to know the reason why my badge was removed. 

Here is my profile:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mu91ba

petra_r
Community Member

Muneeba M wrote:

I got my rising talent badge a while ago and I have completed 3 more projects after that with 5-star reviews and I submit my proposals regularly and I also have a 100% complete profile. I just want to know the reason why my badge was removed. 

You may well get a JSS this Sunday anyway, but the main reason for losing the Rising Talent badge is usually not quite so enthusiastic private feedback (stars and public feedback don't mean much, the average (!) feedback across the whole site is 4.99)

mu91ba
Community Member

Thanks for your response 🙂
So, does that mean they took it to give me a JSS? And I haven't done anything wrong that I need to improve?

Hi Muneeba,

It looks like you already created this support ticket regarding your badge. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Aleksandar!

Greetings Freelies! I'll just cut off the chase:

Where has my rising talent badge gone ? huehuehue, need heylp to get it back. Kudos to those who can help.

Hi Jolex,

After viewing your profile, it seems you are likely to get a job success score today. Not sure though.

Jorex, Upwork probably took it away when you got 4.4 and 4.25 feedback. After you complete the one job that's active, you'll probably get a Job Success score, so you should make sure the client is very happy with your work.

@Jorex D wrote:

Greetings Freelies! I'll just cut off the chase:

Where has my rising talent badge gone ? huehuehue, need heylp to get it back. Kudos to those who can help.

You won't get it back. Your last feedback hints at a not so very happy client (2 stars for deadlines) and once your current contract closes you'll get a Job Success Score, so you won't be eligible for Rising Talent anymore anyway.

Oh I see. Always happy to receive help from you Petra. Kudos!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths