🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Query
Page options
rrmflores
Community Member

Rising Talent Query

Hello, I have worked towards my first two jobs (both 5-star feedbacks) and one ongoing fixed contract and I believed that I have religiously followed all below requirements to qualify for a rising talent badge. I still haven't received my badge though. I am anxious about what I need to do to qualify for the Program.

Can someone please help me? Thanks and appreciate your help to newbies like me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert Ryan, 

We refrain from sharing specific information on the Rising Talent, Top Rated, and Job Success Score computations to prevent users from bypassing the system. As such, I won't be able to share information on any specific requirement that you are lacking but would recommend that you focus on doing great work on your existing contract, and continue sending out strong, unique proposals for jobs in your job category. 

I would also like to clarify that the amount of money paid on a contract is not a factor. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert Ryan, 

The team looks at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market are also checked, other than meeting the requirements. 

If you qualify for the program, you will receive an email welcoming you to the program.

~ Avery
Upwork
rrmflores
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the response. Sorry for being inquisitive, is there a way for your team to quickly identify if what part of the requirements is still lacking for me or at least know if almost everything is checked for qualification? That is including all the ones you mentioned in your reply.

I am a bit anxious because my first two projects closed were not really high paying fixed contracts although with both good feedback  Will this become a deciding factor too?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert Ryan, 

We refrain from sharing specific information on the Rising Talent, Top Rated, and Job Success Score computations to prevent users from bypassing the system. As such, I won't be able to share information on any specific requirement that you are lacking but would recommend that you focus on doing great work on your existing contract, and continue sending out strong, unique proposals for jobs in your job category. 

I would also like to clarify that the amount of money paid on a contract is not a factor. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rrmflores
Community Member

Thank You Avery, appreciate your response.

anithra-w
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I was awarded the rising talent badge soon after I created my profile on Upwork. Since then, I completed around five jobs. I got five-star reviews for four of them, but a 4.6 rating for the fifth, and my rising talent badge was removed. Is there a way to regain it, particularly as the 4.6 rating seemed unfair?

The client gave me a lot of creative freedom in the project without detailing any specific parameters of requests. He was unresponsive for weeks and dragged out the contract for a long while after I handed in the work. Then he just reappeared again and immediately ended the contract, without giving me an opportunity to ask if he wanted me to amend the work I'd submitted.

I worked really hard on my jobs and the loss of my badge feels like it'll be harder now to bid successfully for jobs that require job scores (which I don't have) or rising talent status (which has now been removed). Is there anything I can do about this?

Kind regards,

Anithra

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anithra,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users who's profile meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

~ Bojan
Upwork
rrmflores
Community Member

Hi Bojan and Avery,

I was browsing through my stat page with obviously non-existing statistics yet even though I have been actively pursuing freelancing for 4 weeks already. However, I am just wondering when would the Client satisfaction JSS stat start moving? Is it after I get my  Rising talent badge? Thanks for answering in advance,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert Ryan, 

My Stats will first appear when you apply to a job or are hired directly, whichever happens sooner. Please note that some statistics will not be visible until you have enough work history for an accurate calculation. You may read more information about your My Stats page here

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths