🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent Status
Page options
bjweinberg
Community Member

Rising Talent Status

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some advice. I completed a long term job with rather great feedback and that same client hired me for another contract. My profile is 100% completed and I am applying to jobs that (I believe) suit my skills. I passed that Upwork Readiness Test and was verified a long time ago and feel like I am getting nowhere. I have 11 years of experience (of employed work, not freelance) and a rather robust portfolio. Could anybody nudge me in the right direction to understanding what else I need to do to achieve the rising talent badge so I can live up to the potential I know I have?

If you take a look at my profile, I know my work availability is none. I did that just today and it is because I'm going to be out of the country for a week and a half starting tomorrow. But before today, I made myself quite available based on workload.

Benjamin Weinberg

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Benjamin W wrote:

I am looking for some advice. I completed a long term job with rather great feedback and that same client hired me for another contract.

Can you think of any reason why the client marked you down some on Skills and Quality?

I am not sure, but those scores are still far from low and they're more subjective than the others. I received feedback on the work and then made updates as the work went on and it improved. Does Upwork really see 4.6 as a low enough score to disqualify me from anything? I think it's pretty great.

Benjamin - I really think that most freelancers think that anything below five stars is not a very good rating. And, if you got a 4.6 public rating, the private rating might not have been very good at all.

robin_hyman
Community Member

You can't do much about the past client feedback but you can improve communication to try to prevent client disapproval (albeit minor) in the future.  In the real world 4.6 may appear to be good feedback.  Here on Upwork, anything less than perfect will affect your JSS.  Especially for someone new to the platform. 

Some recommendations:

* Your first paragraph should address what you can do for the client (ex: generate more revenue, increase their SEO ranking, etc.)

* Add accomplishments to your profile - what are you big wins?  perhaps you've won awards?

* Make sure you tailor each proposal to the job

* Only apply to jobs you think you'd excel at

* I would elaborate a bit more on your real-world experiences in the past jobs section

Try to stay positive and keep applying!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths