🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent badge not activating?
Page options
gabracadabra
Community Member

Rising Talent badge not activating?

I am not exactly new to upwork but felt that was the most fitting category for my question.

I have met all the requirements for a Rising Talent badge for at least a month now if not longer. I don't need this badge necessarily, as I continue to secure jobs and have success on the platform. However, I feel it could be helpful and that I deserve it, having met all requirements.

When I search the forum for similar questions it seems that this is a very common complaint and that Upwork staff have not had a response other than - "if you fit the criteria badge will automatically activate"

Seems this isn't always the case, so just thought I'd reach out to see if anyone has an answer other than that one. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabrielle, 

I'm sorry if you find our answers to this question are disappointing. We can't share much about how freelancers qualify for the Rising Talent program other than what's been shared. However, I'd want to share that not all freelancers go through this program. Some talent skips being a Rising Talent freelancer and proceeds to get a Job Success Score. I want to say that the road towards success is not linear, so you will always have a different experience than other freelancers. 😊

I recommend that you check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and help you improve your profile title and overview. You may also want to check out these great tips on writing proposals that win jobs. Hopefully, these resources will help you stand out and become more successful on Upwork. 

Good luck out there!

~ Avery
Upwork

Upwork's has a set of qualifications for the badge and states that users will recieve it once they are met. This is incongruent with saying that not all freelancers go through the program, somehow skipping it for the next badge and that sucess is not linear.

If you mean that not everyone meets qualifications for the rising talent and instead later meets those of the Job Success Score, sure that makes sense. But I'm gathering that you do not have a solution for the many folks that run into the issue of completing all of your stated requirements and not recieving the badge.

Thank you for the suggestions on improving my profile and winning jobs, however, I do not need those resources in response to my inquiry. As I mentioned, I am having success with long-term clients but still would like to recieve what is promised by the platform.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths