🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent just got a poor review!!
Page options
charlesdike
Community Member

Rising Talent just got a poor review!!

Hello,

I have the rising talent badge at the moment with 3 successful jobs in progress, I got a new offer 3 days ago, I worked on it diligently and delivered a perfect job but the client said  I need to work on my professionalism, so the problem is not the job because he got what he paid for and even more but the problem according to him was my professionalism Man Sad

Anyway, I got a 2.80 rating, please will this affect my badge and success score?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Charles D wrote:
1) the work was good. the problem was that I cracked a joke the client found offensive, I misjudged his temperament that was what landed me the bad ratings. 

2) and what do you mean by "it will count as a negative factor when you get your Job Success Score."

can I still get at least 90%?, can I Still become a success here? and what is your advice

1) Ouch. Right, well, lesson learned I suppose.  Be very very careful with "cracking jokes" unless you know the sense of humour of your client. Offending a client will never end well.

2) You can of course be a success here but this poor feedback will haunt you at least until it falls out of your 6 month window.

90% will initially be out of reach and not achievable until you have around the 10 closed contracts mark, and that is assuming everything will go absolutely perfectly from now on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Charles D wrote:

Anyway, I got a 2.80 rating, please will this affect my badge and success score?

Yes, your rising talent status will be gone soon and it will count as a a negative factor when you get your Job Success Score.

What's really odd is that the job is for a female  voice-over. Is "Charles" a woman's name in your country?

Hello Petra,

Charles is a masculine name all over the universe, I am a professional audio engineer and I have female artiste that work with me, so I recorded their voices and did the technical work. the work was good. the problem was that I cracked a joke the client found offensive, I misjudged his temperament that was what landed me the bad ratings. 

and what do you mean by "it will count as a negative factor when you get your Job Success Score."

can I still get at least 90%?, can I Still become a success here? and what is your advice

Thanks

@Charles D wrote:
1) the work was good. the problem was that I cracked a joke the client found offensive, I misjudged his temperament that was what landed me the bad ratings. 

2) and what do you mean by "it will count as a negative factor when you get your Job Success Score."

1) Ouch. Right, well, lesson learned I suppose.  Be very very careful with "cracking jokes" unless you know the sense of humour of your client. Offending a client will never end well.

2) You can of course be a success here but this poor feedback will haunt you at least until it falls out of your 6 month window.

90% will initially be out of reach and not achievable until you have around the 10 closed contracts mark, and that is assuming everything will go absolutely perfectly from now on.

Thank you so much, very helpful.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths