🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent question
Page options
csandusky
Community Member

Rising Talent question

The Rising Talent status requires a 100% completed profile. The only thing I'm missing is a certification, but there is no certification offered for my line of work, copyediting, in the available list. Is there any way to have this acknowledged so that my profile will be complete?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cyndi,

Please, note that Certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Completing other sections of the profile will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sergio-soria
Community Member

Many profiles don't have certifications and they are still 100% completed. Have you filled out the forms just today? Maybe the system needs some days to update the percentage. Have you taken the Upwork readiness test? I think that's a requirement.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cyndi,

Please, note that Certifications aren't required to have a 100% completed profile. Completing other sections of the profile will also allow freelancers to achieve a 100% complete profiles as you can see in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
csandusky
Community Member

Thank you so much, that's just what I needed. My "completion bar" only has the suggestion to add a certificate. I'll see what else I can add 🙂

oscaralende
Community Member

Well... you just created your account today, right? I've been going hard at it for a month and my account is 2 years old, granted, it was inactive for some time but still haven't gotten a Rising talent, you need to get quite a few gigs before getting it I believe.

Thanks for your response! I know it isn't automatic, but I want to make sure I'm eligible with a 100% complete profile, just in case. 

Cyndi S wrote:

Thanks for your response! I know it isn't automatic, but I want to make sure I'm eligible with a 100% complete profile, just in case. 

Cyndi, about 99.9% of the people who ask this are like why don't I have RISING TALENT yet so that is why people are reacting.  You are being pro-active I believe.

You have probably already seen this article:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063188-Create-a-100-Complete-Freelancer-Profile?flas...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths