Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Rising Talent' status disappeared

Highlighted
Jim E Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
1 of 6

Hi Guys,

I have a question, fairly new to Upwork. It's been exciting so far, I foresee big things on the platform for myself in the long run. Okay, here is my question; 

After completing several tasks with 5-star ratings, I got the 'Rising Talent' status on my account. It was there for a while and I kept bidding and completing tasks with more 5 star ratings. Then today I noticed the 'Rising Talent' label has disappeared from my account. Can someone tell me why? I personally think I'm probably moving to the 'Top Rated' status....just being positive. But, I am a little worried. Please, someone help...

Many Thanks

Jim

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Jim wrote:

After completing several tasks with 5-star ratings, I got the 'Rising Talent' status on my account.

Isn't it just amazing how small a world we live in, and how VERY close to you the client who has given you every single job they ever posted, having created their client account at the same time as you created your freelancer account, lives.

You could be neighbours, couldn't you..... or something like that...

I personally think I'm probably moving to the 'Top Rated' status....just being positive.

You are a very long way from top rated and should not claim to be top rated on your profile overview, as it is not true.

You have to have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks and must have earned over $ 1000 in the past 12 months.

Highlighted
Jim E Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
3 of 6

Petra wrote:

You have to have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks and must have earned over $ 1000 in the past 12 months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the help Petra, I will work hard to be among the 'Top Rated' freelancers. Moreover, there is nothing wrong with ...staying positive; you should try it sometimes. 

We don't pick and choose our clients, do we? I have been a member of Upwork for over a year but inactive as I am a Top member on other platforms with loads of work and clients. I just recently updated my Upwork profile to be more active and get another income stream. 

For newbies out there, continue to build your profile and complete every section to the best of your knowledge. Visit profiles of 'Top Rated' freelancers and see what they are doing. DON'T give up and DON'T let anyone bring you down or tell you, you can't do it. If you have clients from outside Upwork, invite them to signup and hire you on Upwork to give your the chance to build your Upwork status.

Keep the faith, clients will come... NEVER GIVE UP.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Jim E wrote:

We don't pick and choose our clients, do we?

Seems that some do, doesn't it?

@Jim E wrote: If you have clients from outside Upwork, invite them to signup and hire you on Upwork to give your the chance to build your Upwork status.

Getting a pal to hire you for lots of tiny fake contracts, followed by unrealistically gushing praise-singing feedback considering the miniscule sums paid for the "contracts" is a surefire way to get your account suspended for trying to manipulate your profile and Status and Job Success Score and feedback history.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 6

McBusted. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi All,

This thread will be closed since it gets off topic. 
The case brought to attention has been escalated and proper action will be taken upon further investigation.

Thank you.

Untitled