🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent status, what am I missing?
Page options
mattkuhns
Community Member

Rising Talent status, what am I missing?

I apologize that this is not a very original question, but I have researched it and I can't find any help.

I have read the rising talent eligibility checklist, as well as a number of threads on the topic, and I can't see what I'm missing (other than passing the readiness test for which I have not received an invitation).

So far as I can determine, I have checked off everything besides the readiness test, for some time now.

Anyone willing to take a look and see what's keeping me blocked?

Thanks,

Matt

9 REPLIES 9
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users who's profiles meet all of the requirements. You can go ahead and take the Upwork Readiness test. Once you done with it and meet all the other requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mattkuhns
Community Member

That's a very practical answer—thank you.

@Matthew K wrote:

That's a very practical answer—thank you.

I think it is an algorithmic hit or miss. I have seen many "rising talent" profiles that do not meet anything like all the criteria stated. Just keep getting the jobs and forget this rather dubious title. In any case, the rising talent badge is dropped once a freelancer gets a JSS. 

Getting the jobs is, in fact, my ultimate goal but I'm not getting them which presents difficulties with keep getting them. fwiw

mattkuhns
Community Member

I passed the readiness text 96 hours ago. I can't identify anything else that I'm missing.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Matthew K wrote:

I apologize that this is not a very original question, but I have researched it and I can't find any help.

I have read the rising talent eligibility checklist, as well as a number of threads on the topic, and I can't see what I'm missing (other than passing the readiness test for which I have not received an invitation).

So far as I can determine, I have checked off everything besides the readiness test, for some time now.

Thanks,

Matt

you will get it as soon as you have completed a few more jobs. 

Rising Talent Eligibility includes having at least one contract.  Throughout the years I've noticed several "Rising Talents" at only one contract.   

@Martina P wrote:

@Matthew K wrote:

Thanks,

Matt

you will get it as soon as you have completed a few more jobs. 

The rising talent badge does not necessarily depend on landing contracts. You can also lose it if you fail on any of the criteria, or when you receive a JSS after completing several jobs with different clients. 

As Rising Talent, you must:

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test (link in email invitation)
  • Have at least one contract (but too few to receive a JSS) and deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 day

I can't see anything in the OP's profile that would preclude him getting the rising talent badge. Unless there is anything that is in his client's private feedback that might have affected it, or he has been inactive for any length of time. 

ETA: I have seen some profiles where freelancers have the badge and no completed contracts at all. 

I'm forming the impression that the assignment of this status, and the criteria to qualify for it, could stand to be a bit more consistent.

If anyone can work on that it would be most appreciated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths