🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rising talent badge disappeared
Page options
arslanali800
Community Member

Rising talent badge disappeared

Hi,

I had a rising talent badge but now its disappeared. I am sure I had that before I closed one of my inactive contract by myself. Recently I had one project completed but client did not closed the contract and I had asked him two three times so I endup closed it by myself.

Can any one please explain why its disappeared? My profile is same as before but I added little bit more description.

I cannot see JSS either as a replacment to rising talent badge?

Arslan Ali
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Arslan,

In order to maintain your Rising Talent badge you will need to fulfill the requirements listed in this Help Article.

Regarding your JSS, nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. Check out this Help Article for more details on how JSS is calculated and when it`s awarded on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
arslanali800
Community Member

Can any one please comment on this issue? Because I cannot see my Rising talent badge nor JSS. My profile stats shows 5/16 top eligible weeks.

Best Regards,
Arslan Ali
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Arslan,

In order to maintain your Rising Talent badge you will need to fulfill the requirements listed in this Help Article.

Regarding your JSS, nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. Check out this Help Article for more details on how JSS is calculated and when it`s awarded on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for your brisk response. Actually I just wonder what should we do if client do not close the contract after project is complete? Infact some clients are too busy and they leave it open. Should we leave it open or close by ourself? Sounds like closing contract by freelancer have some effects on our Rising Talent Badge or JSS.

Lastly, Contract with no feedback will have an effect on our Rising Talent Badge or JSS?

Thanks for your time.

Arslan Ali

Hi Arslan,

You can also close your contract from your end at any time. Once you`ve closed the contract your client will receive a notification about providing feedback as well.

Regarding JSS, Contracts with no client feedback, including ones you ended or left open and inactive, do not affect your score unless you have excessive contracts with no feedback. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Sounds good.

Thanks for your comments.

Arslan

Hey Goran,

Rising talent badge got disappeared from my account. It was there till today morning and suddenly it got removed. I've not got the JSS score yet.

Can you let me know the reason for the rising talent badge getting removed?

Thanks

Hi Goran,

I was wondering if you could help out also here. I just got the Rising Talent badge, about 8-9 days back and suddenly it disappeared today.

I have been getting new jobs, submitting proposals and have also scored 100% in the Readiness test. I have check out the criteria list.

However, I just saw that somehow it said I needed to complete my profile by connecting a social account (for the last 10% of 100%; which earlier was at 100%). I did that today and still the badge hasn’t re-appeared.

I’d really appreciate if you could help me with this.

Regards,
Siddhant

Hi Siddhant,

Once you`ve qualified again you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Resolved. Thanks, Goran!

I woke up one morning and found out my risign talent was no longer showing on stats i thought maybe it was a bug on my chrome browser that is makeing it not show to cut the story short I HAVE COMPLETED A THREE JOBS WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD WITH PAYMENT HIGHER THAN THE USAUAL AMMOUNT THEY USE TO PAY PLEASE I NEED IT BACK AM NO LONGER RECIEVING INVITE.

Hi Aluyi,

The Rising Talent badge was removed from your profile because you have received your Job Success Score. Freelancers can't have both of them at the same time. You can now start working to become a Top Rated freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks , Now I get that someone need to complete 8jobs before having JSS on someone dashboard.

Hello Goran, i have my raising talent badge disappeared today morning, however I haven't received my JSS yet, i have completed 3 contracts so far with a decent feedback of 5 stars, i dont know what should i do to claim it back or why it was removed !

Hi Hosney,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
chirayumodi
Community Member

I had a rising talent badge. But today, the badge got removed. Also, no JSS score is there at my account. I've 15 out of 16 Top Rated eligible weeks.

Can anyone let me know about this?

Thanks

Hi Chirayu,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Can you let me know when will I get the JSS score? Also, I've 15 out of 16 Top rated eligible weeks. So, will I be top-rated or not?

Thanks

Hi Chirayu,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. To learn more about your Job success score, check out this Help Article.

In addition to the eligible weeks, you also have to meet the other requirements for becoming Top Rated, some of which you have already met. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan.

I lost my rising talent badge. I think my status satisfy the condition for rising talent.

I hope you take a look my account and let me know reason.

Thanks.

Sofiane

Hi Sofiane,

I checked and I can confirm that your Rising Talent badge has been replaced by a JSS. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

~ Joanne
Upwork
alivijdan
Community Member

Hi,

My Rising talent badge disappeared today, It was given to me 2 weeks ago, my Job success score was updated 2 days ago and it's 100% but still, my badge disappeared today.

please help.

Hi Syed,

Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will be automatically replaced with a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the response and removing the confusion 🙂

karen_bernadette
Community Member

Hi,

I received my rising talent badge 3 weeks ago but suddenly my badge got disappeared from the profile. WHY?

Hi Bernadette,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that you still have the Rising Talent badge on your profile. Let me know if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

But not showing on My Stats Page

Hi Karen Bernadette,

I checked your account and was able to see the Rising Talent badge both on your profile and My Stats page. Kindly clear your cache, cookies, and browsing history. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you..

mztifah
Community Member

Hi Annie, I'm experiencing an issue also. I have a rising talent badge but when I apply for a job it shows red highlight in criteria. It's been over 48hours I was given the badge and it's still the same. Kindly help 

Hi Lateefat,

I checked your account and was also able to see the Rising Talent badge both on your profile and My Stats page. Kindly clear your cache, cookies, and browsing history. If the issue persists, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
b8311263
Community Member

Rising talent badge got disappeared from my account. I've not got the JSS score yet.

Can you let me know the reason for the rising talent badge getting removed?

4de134a6
Community Member

My rising talent badge disappeared today and I don't have a JSS. Did I violate any UpWork rules? Moderator Annie Jane B - 

eb407f54
Community Member

Rising talent badge disappeared 

198e2e56
Community Member

Hi,

Need some assistance here. I received my rising talent badge 2 weeks ago and it disappeared today. JSS did not appear either. Is there anyway to check this?

Good day,

I got my rising talent badge last Saturday, I even went ahead to make a post on LinkedIn, but suddenly it's disappeared. What should I do about it?  Please check my profile and help me.

Thanks,

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I have the same issue. Hoping someone can assist us.

ae2aec77
Community Member

I lost my badge as well, can someone help me?

Hi Stevanus,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
d1599a5d
Community Member

Hi! My Rising Talent Badge disappeared. Can someone help?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths