🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising talent badge
Page options
hamzashaikh1997
Community Member

Rising talent badge

Hello, I am relatively new to Upwork. and have now more than one month on upwork and I have completed 6 jobs, completed all the requirements of rising talent badge, (Send proposals daily of my skills, 100% complete profile, adherence of ToS of upwork, pass the readiness test and all other requirements), my username is (hamzashaikh1997) but I have not get rising talent badge, what should I do now it is now 31 days on upwork.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can't find id verification link, I have my passport and I want to verify my identity to get id verification badge, help me

Hi Hamza,

When you are eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and meeting with our team for a short video call. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Gorav, Thanks for the quick reply, I want to let you know that I have completed video verification call by one of your member, so that's why asking you the reason why the option of identity verification (government issued id or passport) is now disappear from my account, I want to get the badge of id verification and I have my passport ready to upload in upwork. Kindly reply me accordingly

Hi Goran,

I have 100% profile completeness and cleared the readiness test also. 

how do i get the rising talent badge?

Thanks

Hi Megha,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. You will be notified once the badge is added to your profile. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I noticed some freelancers don't work on a project before but they pass the readiness test and completed their profile and awarded with the Rising Talent badge. How come other freelancers don't qualify? I completed my profile 100%, pass the readiness test, completed a project on time, kept my availability status up-to-date, submitted proposals regularly, I've been active in the past 90 days, and adhered to the Terms of Service but still not qualify. Looking forward to your response.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hi Emerson,

As Joanne already shared the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Please knwo that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will  be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
Thanks for your reply. But I already read the article before posting my question here. Does it mean new member who just joined this year, who did not work on a project before, pass the readiness test, and completed their profile but have strong background will receive the badge at the early stage? Thank you and have a nice day!

Will you please help me, how can I get my rising talent badge. I have completed 3 jobs, but still, have not. Also If I am not able then please tell me which thing is required to get a sing talent badge in my profile.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I received Rising Talent badge on my profile few days ago. At the same day my profile was suspended because there was another account associated with my other email. I created that account because I wanted to post on community as I was not able to access my account, there was no other way to communicate on the community. I never used that account for any proposal. Now after 4days my account is back but I am not able to see my rising talent badge and my previous connects which was still available. Although I lost all the connects where I applied for proposals and all were pending. Now I have zero conencts, no rising talent badge and I dont see all options on my profile settings. 

Can you please help me with this? 

Hi Muhammad,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same challenge. Its been over 48 hours and I still havent received the email even though I meet all the requirements for a rising talent badge.

Please assist

ahmadrafi01
Community Member

Hello, Dear members.

I am new on upwork here, so I havent done any project yet (though I am looking hard for one without any luck), and most of the client's requirement are "Rising Talent", so how can I get one? What do I have to do so that i would get enrolled in this program? Is it necessary that I do atleast one project and get a JSS?

Hi Sohaib,

To learn more about the Rising Talent program and about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bmawet
Community Member

Hello,I created a freelancer account a few weeks ago. I think my profile is 100% completed, I have a solid educational background, related work experience and I passed the readiness test.

I sent about 30 proposals for jobs in my area of work.All my proposals were custom-made with a cover letter and accurate answers.I paid for the premium account so I could see other freelancers' bids and I always placed mine below the average rate.

Nevertheless, I am still waiting for a first message or interviews. I received 0 answer even though I worked a lot on each of my proposals. I think I fill the requirements for the rising talent program, except that I am still waiting for a first job. However, I've seen profiles of "rising talent" freelancers without any experience.

I was thus wondering if it would be possible to be part of the program and if so, what can I do to be eligible?Thank you for your time and consideration

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Benjamin,

Yes you can become a Rising Talent once you`re eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. To learn more about this program check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I already read that articles and I fill all the requirements but didn't receive invitation to be part of the program, probably because I don't have any experiences yet on the website I guess

adeel_farooqi
Community Member

Hi,

I have passed the upwork readiness test but still i didn't get the rising talent badge. Please give me the badge so that my profile looks like more professional and can get more jobs.

Thanks

Hi Adeel,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please review my profile i have already clear upwork readiness test.

Thanks
iraiga
Community Member

hi all,

I completed the Rising Talent eligibility criteria.

Now, how I get?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raiga,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iraiga
Community Member

Hello guys. I've been working on Upwork for several months now and I have Completed 3-4 Projects and everything with great reviews. 

When would I be a Rising Talent?

varungs
Community Member

The Rising Talent eligibility requirements are pretty straightforward: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent
If you don't meet even one of those criteria, you won't get it. If you meet all of them (which you may not because of private feedback and you'll never even know), then it can take up to 48 hours for you to get the badge.

It's also worth mentioning that the Rising Talent badge really doesn't mean that much. It'll soon be replaced by a JSS anyway. The Top Rated badge is what really matters.

iraiga
Community Member

Thanks

I Think I meet those all criteria.

c8f3ff94
Community Member

It feels like that rising talent badge means the difference between getting hired or not. 

How else do recruiters take a chance on someone with zero past jobs or earnings?

And most of the jobs are looking for people that have earned a certain amount or are rising talent.

How exactly should a new freelancer get jobs if they dont have rising talent badge...

Hi Chane,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there:

Submitting a Winning Proposal on Upwork

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
rizwanshovon2
Community Member

Hi there.

I am newbie in Upwork society. I have passed around 15 days here. I have passed the readiness test 2 days back. According to guideline I am supposed to receive the bedge within 48 hours. But still I did not get any mail. Can anyone please tell me what's wrong here?

Regards-

Rizwan

Hi Rizwan,

~ Goran
Upwork

It's already going to 72 hours, but did not get any email.Smiley Sad

c8f3ff94
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I've met all the requirements for a rising talent badge and its been more than 48 hours and I still havent received the email or the badge.\

Please advise...

Thanks

Hi Chane,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c8f3ff94
Community Member

Yes, I'm aware of the requirements and  I meet them save the one that says I should have completed jobs...

I have a feeling recruiters are'nt willing to hire someone who hasn't done any work but I can't get work without the rising talent badge so I feel stuck

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths