🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rising talent
Page options
nazim1493
Community Member

Rising talent

I saw alot of freelancers having rising talent badge with 1 job. I got 2 job but still do not have badge. I cleared upwork readiness test too.

9 REPLIES 9
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Nazim,

While anyone without a Job Success score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. New freelancers and agencies are added to the program when they qualify.

To qualify for our Rising Talent program you need to:

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test 
2. Deliver great results to your clients
3. Complete your projects on time and as promised
4. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials
5. Keep your availability status up-to-date
6. Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
7. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
8. Have been active in the past 90 days

Please visit this help article for more information about the requirements. Let me know if you need further guidance. 

~ Riri

I'm fulfilling all above conditions. But still no email from upwork for rising talent badge.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nazim,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements Riri listed on her post. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification welcoming you to the program.

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Nazim,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements Riri listed on her post. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification welcoming you to the program.

I have seen RT badges on profiles with none of those requirements ... in fact saw it one on most recently, where the person had lied about his name and location. He's gone, and good riddance, but how does a profile like that get an RT badge?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginia, 

I am not privy to how this is done in the back-end, but I would appreciate if, in the future, you can report it to me, or any of the moderators through a private message so that we can forward the profiles to the team and it can be investigated further.

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Virginia, 

I am not privy to how this is done in the back-end, but I would appreciate if, in the future, you can report it to me, or any of the moderators through a private message so that we can forward the profiles to the team and it can be investigated further.

Thanks Avery,

He was caught out in the forums (and flagged) by myself and others ... that's why his profile went poof. But we all saw his profile long enough to see the RT badge. And IIRC, it was a new profile. That makes no sense.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think I know which profile you are referring to, Virginia, and if I'm able to find it, I'll send it to the team for their review. 

Appreciate that you flagged it so that the team can take action against the profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

I think I know which profile you are referring to, and if I'm able to find it, I'll send it to the team for their review. 

Appreciate that you flagged it so that the team can take action against the profile. 

Like I said ... the profile went poof. So action has already been taken.

nazim1493
Community Member

Can a Moderator or Community Guru send profile to the upwork team for review of rising talent badge?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths