🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rookie mistake, can I still get paid?
Page options
justinthompson
Community Member

Rookie mistake, can I still get paid?

I submitted a proposal several days ago, my first one, I recieved a message with a list of questions the client needed answered. Being new I was not sure how the system worked and I completed the worksheet and sent it back and asked for payment. The Client then declined the contract and has not returned my message. After doing more reading about how this system works, clearly I made a mistake working before the client accepted the contract. Just wondering if there is any recourse to get compensation for those hours or is it just a lesson learned?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Lesson learned.  You worked for free.  Bet you won't ever do that again!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Lesson learned.  You worked for free.  Bet you won't ever do that again!

Getting paid is not what is important in this situation.

The important thing is that you learned from your mistakes and you won't make those same mistakes again.

A desire to get paid for that work will only hold you back. Embrace your new wisdom with gratitude and move forward.

I do it

Hi Rumana,

Could you please clarify if there are any issues we could help you with?

~Andrea
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

I wonder if the "client" was a student, looking to get homework done? You have "academic writing" in your skill title. Be aware that this might not be allowed  -  writing papers and supplying answers to students is a big no-no.

Hopefully a mod will come along to correct me if I'm wrong.

OMG.

It's that time of year again, when students who haven't worked for three/four years, suddenly realize that their dissertation - whatever subject -  is due . . . to be researched, written, and formatted to whatever style in the space of three days.

Or those students who have worked and written their dissertation, but who now wish for it to be edited, proofread and formatted in the appropriate style - to say nothing of cross-checking references and sorting out bibliography - also in the space of three days or less.

Budget for the cheaters is generally higher than those who don't.

It is time for the real editors/proofreaders to disappear down the rabbit hole.

nasrin-rumana
Community Member

I did not understand the mistakes. I know the job but this is the first time in the online marketplace. I hope to correct my mistake very soon
nasrin-rumana
Community Member

And I did it without the client understanding
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths