🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rude Client
Page options
ghsev
Community Member

Rude Client

Hi, Upwork Community!
I have some problems with one of my clients. In a nutshell - after submitting 2 of 3 milestones (last milestone just project testing in live) he presents unsupported blames that my code is not working.

But I have provided all necessary evidences that my code is 100% works and the problem in clients' side.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
But he continues to be rude and does nothing to help me solve the problem.

Is it possible for involving non-depended experts in order to review my code and give an answer do I all requirments written in job description or not??

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sevada,

You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. I can see that you have already also made a ticket, our team will assist you further on your ticket. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is it possible for involving non-depended experts in order to review my code and give an answer do I all requirments written in job description or not??"

No.

Upwork doesn't do that.

Upwork does not review your source code. Or your translation of Hungarian poetry to Chinese. Or weigh in on whether your book cover properly captures the mood of this eBook.

Sorry.

Sevada:

I'm sorry if you are having difficulty with a client. It would be ideal if clients were always polite and professional and ethical.

With fixed-price clients, a genuinely decent client should hire a freelancer to do a milestone, look at the work turned in, and promptly pay the freelancer if the freelancer did was agreed.

And if the freelancer's work sucks but he did what was agreed, the client should pay anyway, and make a note to not work with that freelancer again.

But clients are not always ideal. Unfortunately, it is not possible for Upwork to intervene in all of the situations that displease freelancers. Managing fixed-price contracts (and managing client relationships in general) is not necessarliy easy. It requires wisdom, thought, effort, and experience.

But ultimately this is the freelancer's responsibility. Upwork would love it if every client-freelancer relationship was ideal. But there is no technical or economically feasible way for them to achieve such a goal.

Sorry...and what if the client decides to not accept last milestone?
What can I do? Especially, if taking into account the fact, that even in court I can prove Smiley Wink that I done the job.

kat303
Community Member

@Sevada G wrote:

Sorry...and what if the client decides to not accept last milestone?
What can I do? Especially, if taking into account the fact, that even in court I can prove Smiley Wink that I done the job.

If the client has requested a refund, then you can either refund the amount in question, or dispute that request. If you dispute it, an upwork mediator will listen to both sides and will tell both of you to try and come to an agreement about the funds. (like, split the amount in half) No ruling is decided in this phase.

If no agreement can be negotiated, then it moves to the Arbitration phase. During that phase both the client and you pay $291 (fee) You do not get that back unless the client doesn't pay their portion. If that happens, you'll also get the full amount of the funds in escrow. However, if both parties pay that fee, neither of you will get that back no matter is it's decided that you should get the escrowed funds

If you get to this point, it's up to you to decide whether you want to gamble and hope the clients doesn't pay the arbitration fee. 

Quote: "Upwork does not review your source code. Or your translation of Hungarian poetry to Chinese. Or weigh in on whether your book cover properly captures the mood of this eBook."

^ This is brilliantly articulated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths