cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAMMERS in Editing/Proofreading Group

Highlighted
Jessica B Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
1 of 20

I tried to post this in the phishing section under Upwork's help platform, but it wouldn't take. I'm posting here, even though it'll sound funny since I was trying to communicate directly with Upwork's staff. Does anyone know how to do that, by the way?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Jessica,

Please share the information I edited from your post directly with Customer Support by submitting a support request. Please click the question mark icon > Help and Support tab > Get Help button > make the appropriate selection > enter all the details in the field > click Next > choose to submit a request. 

Highlighted
3 of 20

Thanks. What did you edit? I only see your message below. I tried sharing my original post through the exact path you just stated, but it wouldn't let me. It keeps directing me to the forum. I tried shortening it and ALMOST got it submitted, and it still ended up directing me to the forum. I can't seem to figure out any real way to submit it to Upwork.

Highlighted
4 of 20

This is what happens after I follow your steps...

No matter what I type in the box, it directs me to this page, which gets me nowhere.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 20

Hi Jessica,

I can confirm that the jobs and client's accounts you are referring to have already been removed from the platform as they were violating Upwork ToS. There is no need to report these particular jobs anymore. 

Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
6 of 20

How do I report a scammer to Upwork without it continuously re-routing me to this forum? I've gone through the steps to be able to submit my issue, and it still routes me here. Is there a character limit I should be under? It says to list all details so I've tried to do that. Are there keywords I need to include? I need to figure out how to ACTUALLY get my issues submitted rather than being routed to this forum. Thanks.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016
7 of 20

Hi Jessica,

Beside the job posting is an icon, which is a thumb pointing down. Kindly click on it and select the best option that fits. Am sure support look through flagged job postings.

Best Regards

Akinbode A.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 20

Jessica, if you're trying to contact support, you can follow the illustrated directions I posted here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Contact-Support/m-p/306642#U306642

In step 3, choose Freelancer instead of Client. If this doesn't work, you can retry after emptying cache, deleting cookies, and restarting the browser or switching to another browser.

9 of 20

Same scammer we're all dealing with back today, inviting me to interview. The email address in this invitation is the one that pretended to be one of their freelancers in an attempt to get me on board by telling me how wonderful it is. Then I got another invitation with this email address in it, and knew for sure it was a scam. Here's their message. Moderator - please kick these people out.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 20

There is not one scammer. There is a scam script or playbook that is used by hundreds or thousands of individual scammers and organized scammer groups.