🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » SPAM / JOB POSTING QUESTION
Page options
8fbe4d68
Community Member

SPAM / JOB POSTING QUESTION

Hello!

I am fairly new to UpWork. I would love to be a freelancer in administrative/virtual assistant or data entry for a company/someone. 

I have gotten a couple of invitation for interviews but they have been spam. Is that normal? Are there a lot of spam job postings on UpWork?

What is your approach when it comes to this? And how do you know if it's spam or not. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Lauren, any unsolicited invitations you get while still new and lacking a job history on the platform will be scammers. Everything you need to know is in the Help & Support section and the posts pinned to the top of this page. It's tedious but you need to do the homework before going further. This will give you a jump-start. 

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I have flagged/escalated your concern to the appropriate department for further review and to take action if necessary. We take great measures to keep our global marketplace safe, and we’re committed to doing our best to prevent or address suspicious activity.

If in case you come across suspicious job posts again, don't hesitate to report them here so we can have them reviewed and we will surely take action.

~ Arjay
Upwork
44a0a653
Community Member

I had the exact experience today. Luckily, we are smarter than they are. I don’t know what my next step will be. I have already blocked them and I will probably delete my account. I did a search and Indeed is the safest bet. Shrug

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths