🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Safety
Page options
amystewart17
Community Member

Safety

My first contact on UPwork is making me wonder if this site will work to help with income or just a bunch of scams. 

How to report or should you report someone that seems to be trying to do illegal stuff on Upwork?

This person is trying to launder money

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Amy S wrote:

My first contact on UPwork is making me wonder if this site will work to help with income or just a bunch of scams. 

How to report or should you report someone that seems to be trying to do illegal stuff on Upwork?

This person is trying to launder money

Let me guess... The old "we send you a check you buy equipment" scam?

That is not laundering monry, that is attempt to steal yours.

Most newbies in the US get contacted by scammers with this (one of the oldest scams on the net)

Most jobs are genuine and you can make serious money here if you have the skills, you just need to be super careful in the beginning!

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Amy,

You may report suspicious types of job postings for us to review by clicking on the "Flag as inappropriate" link located at the upper right of the job posting, or alternatively you can send me a PM with the job posting.

You can also browse this thread which provides information on how to spot and avoid suspicious jobs and ones that are potential scams. Also be sure to check out this thread which has helpful tips and excellent resources for users just getting started on the platform and don't lose hope! Lots of really successful freelancers can be found here.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths