cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Territory

Joyce T Member Since: Jul 5, 2016
1 of 4

I'm new to Upwork and my new client is as well. I'm hoping for some sales specific advice on starting a new territory and how to proceed. I will be doing sales by phone and generating my own leads. I think, based on what I've read, I would  do a sales plan/strategy, the research on the territory and then form a list of prospects only when the contract starts. How do you document each call, the prospect information, result of the call etc. She has her own business and is the only one in the company and doesn't have the company software I've used in the past. Thank you!

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 4

First you must read and understand all of this:

Getting Started on Upwork

Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers

Hourly Protection for Freelancers

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Joyce T Member Since: Jul 5, 2016
3 of 4

Thank you so much, Rene. I have read the general steps to get started. What I'd like to get advice on is more sales specific. For example, how to document results for each prospect phone call, being paid for time for doing the research and documenting in software we share. A sales freelancer who's started a sales territory and knows the steps to do so would be helpful to get advice from.     

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
4 of 4

Joyce T. stated:

Thank you so much, Rene. I have read the general steps to get started. What I'd like to get advice on is more sales specific. For example, how to document results for each prospect phone call, being paid for time for doing the research and documenting in software we share. A sales freelancer who's started a sales territory and knows the steps to do so would be helpful to get advice from.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Joyce, I'm sincerely not trying to be rude; but IMO you should know the answers to your questions if you're qualified to do the project.   

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS