🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Same client, different contract. will my fee ...
Page options
a4819548
Community Member

Same client, different contract. will my fee be back to 20% on the new contract?

hi how this lifetime billing works?

i have 1 client and the client offers to close current contract to open another one, so i can have project completed on my profile. new contract is the same thing.

will my fee be back to 20% on the new contract? it's the same client. thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joselina, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client.

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

This means you'll start paying the 10% once all of your contracts with the same client add up to $500 or more. You will also only pay 10% on contracts with that same client.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Joselina,

We count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project. You can learn all about the Freelancer Service Fees here.

~Andrea
Upwork
a4819548
Community Member

Hi Andrea, thanks for the reply. ive read the article but it sounds to me that i need to earn a certain amount with that 1 client in order to pay less outwork fee. does it?

my question is will i have to be back paying 20% fee w this same client if the client opens a bew contract for the same job?

Joselina, you’ll pay a sliding fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client.

• $0-$500 in earnings from a client: 20% service fee applied to earnings
  • $500.01-$10,000 in earnings from a client: 10% service fee
  • $10,000.01 or more in earnings from a client: 5% service fee

This means you'll start paying the 10% once all of your contracts with the same client add up to $500 or more. You will also only pay 10% on contracts with that same client.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths