🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Same phone numbers
Page options
nankamo
Community Member

Same phone numbers

My daughter is trying your site out but is overseas with no cell service so she verified her account with my number and then recommended I try this site too. I can't create an account bc my number is already in use. Please advise.
8 REPLIES 8
jo-jelly
Community Member

So you should verified your account without using phone number. First step, go to Chrome or any Browsers you have. Then click on app that you want to verify, make sure your country is USA. After that click on atomated voice message and click confirm. Go to TEXTNOW.com and click the word discover and sign up with Facebook. And type anything between 201-209 and it will give you a new phone number and copy this number to the app that you want to verify. The verify number will be shown on TEXTNOW.com. Do use this number, that it. I hope it will help you.

Is this legal? Verifying a phoney phone number which you don't actually use? 

Prachi, IMO it certainly should not be.  At the very least it must be against Upwork's TOS.  Upon attempting to check the Profile I received this:   

This profile is no longer available.

petra_r
Community Member

@Nancy L wrote:
My daughter is trying your site out but is overseas with no cell service so she verified her account with my number and then recommended I try this site too. I can't create an account bc my number is already in use. Please advise.

If your daughter lives abroad she should have verified her number with a local number.

Which place has Internet but no Cell Service, anyway?

Petra, believe it or not; but some areas (even in the U.S.) do not have cell service whether they be rural, weather related...  Also, oftentimes an area isn't available with one provider but is with another.

@Pat M wrote:

Petra, believe it or not; but some areas (even in the U.S.) do not have cell service whether they be rural, weather related...  Also, oftentimes an area isn't available with one provider but is with another.

Yes, sure, there are areas like that not far from me, but people who have no cell coverage but Internet have a landline, surely... I remember clearly that I verified my phone number by simply calling Upwork from my landline.

To me it sounds more like someone being outside the US having used a US address so can only use a US phone number to verify... That was my point.

Maybe I don't "do subtle" too well...

@Petra R wrote:

@Pat M wrote:

Yes, sure, there are areas like that not far from me, but people who have no cell coverage but Internet have a landline, surely... I remember clearly that I verified my phone number by simply calling Upwork from my landline.

To me it sounds more like someone being outside the US having used a US address so can only use a US phone number to verify... That was my point.

Maybe I don't "do subtle" too well...

Petra, perhaps it "sounds like" but may not be.  If it is not, in addition to what I previously posted:

Cell phones can be wifi only-internet only; no calling.

There are wifi internet options without having a land line.

Some areas have Broadband availability without having a land line.

@Pat M wrote:

Petra, perhaps it "sounds like" but may not be.

Indeed.  Anything is possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths